I've had eczema for 15 years now (and I'm 15), ever since I was two weeks old head to toe. It's gotten better over time, but it used to be horrible. When I was younger it looked like it was burn marks, but it wasn't. I've been to doctor to doctor to doctor and have tried creams, lotions, everything. I've been on steroid medicine since I was very little. Doctors have told my I'm algergic to every single food, pet, plant, and anything else in the world. I've known for years that I've been allergic to most things so that wasn't a shock. I haven't found anything that has made it better yet, but recently my algebra teacher told me she used to have it as bad as I do on the back of her legs and she started using a tanning bed and it cleared it right up. I think I'm going to try it very soon because nothing else works. I eat a very specific gluten free diet, along with my diet of no dairy, acidic fruits, tomatoes, eggs and many other items that I've been on for years,  that started about 6 months ago when I found out that I had a large allergy to wheat. I have to take allergy pills everyday and you can tell when I don't because my face will become slightly swollen and my hands, back, arms, legs, ect.. break out when I ignore my diet as well. But nothing seems to clear it up. I've taken a steroid pill pack that cleared my eczema up to a certain extent but it was such a large dose of medicine that I could only use it for a week and not again, but then when I stopped taking it, the eczema came right back. When i was about 13 or 14 I went to an herb-ologist and I was put on many different medicines. I was taking about 32 pills a day and 3 different liquid drop medicines. They cleared it up imideatly but once my body got used to the process it didn't do a thing anymore and I just continued to break out. When I was younger it was more of a seasonal thing, but now it's more day to day. Right now I'm broke out everywhere from head to toe... literally. And just last week it was only my hands arms and back that was broke out. So it changes a lot, and it gets pretty annoying pretty fast. So I really hope this tanning stuff works (:

There are cures for Eczema. Just none the western doctors will tell you about since they don't involve spending money on drugs.

A change in diet long enough for you body to heal itself is sometimes enough to cure eczema for good. Just google eczema diet and spend some time on it. Thousands of eczema suffers have been cured completely by following a strict healthy diet for a few months.

Hello all!

I have been tanning for a very long time & a couple of months ago I stopped, I have noticed that my hands have started bubbling & peeling again, especially when I wash dishes, work with cardboard & cleaning. I put on my cream with the steroids & it does help, but not long enough to get me through a couple of hours of work. I had just found out my dad used to go for Ultra light treatment for his ezcema & it was costly. Tanning is a must, but also dangerous. I do agree with all the ladies who have taken the step to tanning that it is very affective & I am very happy that it has helped your ezcema problems too!

I also have eczema...I've had it all my life.  It creeps up on my elbows, under my arms, even on my eyelids.  It's SO ANNOYING.  I won't touch it all day because I know if I do, I'll just sit there & scratch all day.  But it gets to the point to where I wake myself up IN MY SLEEP scratching.  The only repreve I get is through tanning & I've tried everything known to man.  I only go once a week & lay no longer than 15 minutes.  That weekly visit helps tremendously.  I would definitely recommend it for eczema relief.

Remember folks.....ANY drug you use with steroids or any topical creams....even "natural" skin lotions are short term solutions that make the over all problem worse. The problem isn't your skin. The problem is that your body doesn't deal with toxins well....and instead of peeing them out like most people do.....your body gets overloaded and you push the toxins out through your skin. So any drug that "helps" your skin is in fact just stopping the toxins from coming out. And you build up more. Look for more natural solutions. They exist.

I am 22, and had struggled with eczema for my entire life. A lot of people have the misconception that it is a disease or passed from your parents, its not. Eczema is your bodies way of telling you your immune system is weakened. I was very prone to strep throat growing up, and doctors would always put me on antibiotics, but never told me how to boost my immune system again. Eventually I developed food allergies, because my digestive and immune systems weren't strong enough to keep certain proteins out (eg. gluten, dairy proteins). When I was 19 I turned to homeopathic medicine and finally found a doctor who linked all of my seemingly unrelated ailments and diagnosed me with food allergies. Since that time I haven't seen the eczema. However, I recently lost my mom to Cancer and became sick with strep throat and then tonsillitis, and the eczema is covering my face. I guess its stress related. I'm going to try tanning until I can get a handle on the stress, thanks.

I'm 18 and I don even know what I have. Buy I've been suffering with this since I can't even remember, one specialist tells me I have allergies to milk, the other allergies to dog and so on. I'm so tired of hearing these stupid pointless assumptions and I just wana know what it is, its exactly what you browsers described it as. Itchy, annoying, etc. And I hurts the most when I get out the shower oh my gosh that's when it kills me my skin feels sooo dry & impossible 2 stretch. It first started with my inner arms then my hands then knees then the rest of the body. I'm really thinking of giving tanning a shot too.

Hell YES!!!!

I have suffered with eczema on and off my whole life.  The last year I have been on Prednisone 3 times; and, have eczema over my entire body.  It has gotten to the point that I actually contemplated "offing" myself.  After the last week of Prednisone -- over a month ago -- I decided enough is enough.  I tried tanning for the first time.  I have been 98% clear now for over a month.  I go everyday -- no way I want that mess again in my life.  DEFINITELY give it a try ... it works for me and I swear by it!!!!

Good Luck and I feel for you!!!!!

Hi  I had eczema really bad as a kid.  It was on my inner arms and behind my knees, on my groin, and on the back of my kneck,  But the worst of it was on my face.  I had it on my eyelids so that when I awoke in the morning they would crack and weep and itch like mad.  My mum used to break open evening primrose oil capsules and apply these to my eczema.  this worked really well, but make sure you stay out of the sun as it will burn you as it is oil.  In the winter I took a capsule aday as well.  Eventually I have grown out of it,  But every year from November to February I look like I have been attacked by a piece of sand paper.  My face is dry, scaley, weepy, spotty and red.  So I go on a 6 minute sunbed every week and it helps clear it up for me.  Just make sure that you have a wash when you get home and apply loads and loads of emollient cream to help the dryness.  Good luck .x 

As a person who's suffered with eczema a good portion of my adult life I want to share some of the highlights of what I've found has worked with you all.  Everyone should know about a book called Healing Psoriasis by Dr. John Pagano.  Most of the treatments will also work for eczema & he addresses that in the book.  The book covers many things I've learned over the past 15 years about health, wellness & dealing w/ eczema.  I won't go into detail for each one, Dr. Pagano does so in his book, but want to give you the highlights & you'll find a lot more on-line about each.  First you have to cleanse - flushing your body of all the toxins - this could involve fasting, etc.  I & Dr. Pagano also recommend colonics & there is a less invasive form called Angel of Water that you can find out about on-line.  Diet is key.  Alkalizing diet means tons of leafy green vegetables and no to caffine, alcohol, refined sugar white flour, fried foods, etc. I know this is a pain, but how badly do you want to heal?  Salt water works miracles & I've filled up jugs at the ocean & put them in the fridge & also purchased Dead Sea salts at Whole Foods & mixed my own.  I apply after a shower and then put moisturizer on-top and I'm good to go for the day.  Exercise & stress reduction - yoga, walking, meditation, etc. stress is a HUGE trigger for me.  I have also found that weed helps.  As I don't like smoking it, I bake it and I have literally had miraculous overnight healing.  Lastly, I know it's hard, but what you focus on grows stronger, and you have to find a balance between treating it and not focusing your attention on it and obsessing over it as I've gone down a bad spiral of being hyper-focused on diet, things I'm supposed to eat or not, and it just isn't relaxing so find a balance.  Oh yeahh.  drink tons of water every day.  Good Luck & remember - You are not your eczema!

I have eczema and recently have been tanning for a special ocassion.  I have found that it has helpped my eczema greatly and has been one of the only things that had helpped it to this extent.

I've had eczema since birth. All through school I heard moms wisper about "that poor child. her parents should keep her out of poison ivy" because it was so bad they thought it was poison ivy. We tried eveything, my dr even tried buring it off like a wart once. Finally when i was 15 we went to a rhematologist and he said borderline Lupus was what caused it and put me on Plaquenil. it helped some but what really helped is a perscription cortisone ointment (i call it my miracle ointment) and a cortisone pack pills (miracle pills.) I havent tried tanning because I was told it could give me full blown Lupus, but I do love the beach.

I've suffered with eczema for 18 years and I've been tanning for 3 years now and it has never shown its ugly face again well not true kinda I don't tan in beds during the summer during the summer UVA and UVB rays are abundant but when i can start to feel the itch on my leg in around November I start up the 20$ a month for unlimited tanning I go 2 - 3 times a week for 20 min @ a time I use 25spf sunscreen and my skin looks healthy and my acne on my back has cleared up, I also take  vitamin A + D supplement . I recommend tanning if if you suffer from eczema  

i have eczema and when i have tanned it has dried it out and cleared some of it up. i am using an ointment that has a little bit of steroids in it and works amazing!! go to your dermatologist and see what they have to say. they will tell you not to tan because of cancer risks but i have learned for myself that being out in the sun or tanning bed does help my problem areas of eczema.

I have had "stress eczema" all my l ife and  tanning beds are the only thing that really help.  i also use Oil of Olay body wash with lotion in and then lotion on top of that after i get out of shower.  I have been given steroid cream but it doesn't work, so back to tanning bed, cheaper and in the long run healthier for me.