Yes defiantly, as long as ou don't over use, the risk of melanoma isn't much higher than anyone else...

Everone on here saying you have spreading, worsening eczema, listen up. I suffered from the same condition and realized that the diagnosis of "incurable eczema" is bull. Most of you on here saying you have this probably have topical steroid addiction. Go on ITSAN.org-international awareness organization for the condition. Getting through the withdrawal from the steroid creams was hell, but now I am completely cured. Please consider this before taking more steroids or applying more steroid creams! Happy healing! 

has anyone looked at nutrition? it may be something you are eating that is not agreeing with you. It can be environmental as well, but once i cut out gluten, dairy and sugar, it all went away. you have to want to make that commitment though.

I agree with above treatment, I have cured eczema with beach suntan with salt water. It was great help. It will great advantage to kill skin bacteria and fungus than sun-burn damage of skin.

Imyself have it.It became quite a problem after my bout with cancer and the treatments all that good stuff.

It is on the side of my foot and on top of my big toe and it is ugly.Needless to say I cant get a pedicure because they dont believe it when I say it is exczema.

I only put my foot in and for 5 mins., only AND IT HAS HELPED TREMEDOUSLY. Spring and summer are upon us and I like my sandels etc...not the ugly skin on my foot .People are rude ,they ask ,omg what is that ??/yeah

I actually use baby shampoo and baby wash as silly as that sounds but it helps with sensitive skin like mine!

I suffer from Eczema, too, mainly in the winter months. Tanning works to clear the Eczema up. I'd recommend it to any Eczema-sufferer.

I had eczema for 6 months and tried everything that I was told to do. I was getting married and going to the beach for my honeymoon. I'm white, really white, I needed a tan before my wedding and definitely before the beach. I tanned 3 times a week. Started off slowly. Laid a few more minutes each time til I got to 20. Anyways 2 great things happened. Had a good tan and most importantly my eczema went away. I want to note, by the time I started tanning I had given up hope of clearing it up with any medication or lotion for approx 2 months. If it wasn't the tanning bed that cleared it up, it was a hell of a coincidence !!!!!!!!

I have also suffered my entire life with eczema. A few years ago, i had gel nails (the extension ones with white tips) put on for my wedding, and within a few weeks-my eczema rashes and cuts had gone!! Yes i still itched, but the blunt nails meant i couldnt scar myself and any rashes from scratching were minimal :)

RE the sun-bed, i tried a few years ago but it made me itch more :( i only went twice for 4 mins a time, but im planning to try it again before my holiday and give it a few weeks as my legs are very scarred from old eczema x

My doctor said xolair was the answer and works great for eczema however most insurance will not cover it for eczema and it is hundreds if not thousands of dollars a shot.

Yes go tanning!! I have suffered with eczema since I was born and steroid creams only help temporarily the only thing that actually cures my eczema is tanning

The weeping stuff is actually infection caused by itching and bacteria found on skin. I use hydrogen peroxide to kill the bacteria also helps stop the itch since its the bacteria that causes it. Just be warned it'll burn like hell for a few seconds.

I'm 19 years old, suffering from atopic eczema.. Tanning keeps it away. My skin gets very dry though, especally after showering. But last winter i discovered a good solution. Olive oil! I fill up a bottle with 7/10 olive oil and about 3/10 coconut oil (for the sentens really). Its very cheap and works 100 times better than any bodylotion that I've ever tried, and ofcourse its 100% natural and very cheap. I use stock olive oil from the grocery store :) Now my skin is silcy smooth and tan!

Yes, it absolutely helps for eczema! I tan only long enough for it to go away and then I'm good for up to six months thereafter. It's not a permanent cure but even dermatologists recommend it for stubborn cases of eczema and psoriasis.

Tanning will only make it worse. I was going tanning and my eczema was no where to be found but after a week in the bed it came out full blown. I then had it around my eyes, on my neck, on the back of my arms and in the creases where my elbow is. The dermitologist had to give me a steriod cream that I still have to keep on using over a month now so I deff would not reccomend tanning to cure it at all. I loved my bronze skin but couldnt take the break out anymore so now Im back to beaing pale but Im ok with that. Just take it from someone with experience