Hey guys,

As I've talked about before, I have rosacea. Makeup plays a special role in my life and I am very happy with my collection of products. Bad lighting in my bathroom (which has no windows or natural light) and in the rest of my house too makes it hard to see what I am doing though, and sometimes I notice flaws. 

I figure that a really good lighted vanity mirror is what I want! 

So, people, any recommendations? What are the best lighted vanity mirrors/makeup mirrors out there? This is something I hope to be using for a long time so I am willing to not skimp.

Celebrity

Hey,

I got the Zadro Round LED-Lighted Wall Mirror last year for similar reasons. The mirror can be mounted on your wall wherever you want, in my case in the bathroom, and it does exactly what is needed. It looks stylish and sophisticated, unlike many of the cheap white plastic vanity mirrors on the market at the moment, and has batteries. I am happy. 

If you are looking for a counter-top mirror, however, try the Brookstone 10X/1X Natural-Light Tabletop Makeup Mirror. They both come at a very similar price (just over $100) and are easily available online. 

Hope that helps!

Rosie

If you head over to Amazon, you'll see that lighted vanity mirrors range in price from around $30 to well over $100. Personally, I'd always choose a vanity mirror that is stand-alone and can therefore be moved from room to room without special effort, over any vanity mirror that is mounted on the wall. I have seen some with moveable magnifying mirrors attached. I like the idea of that. Anyway, I'd probably opt for any mid-range mirror that looks good and has a money back guarantee.

So, I got the Boots No7 Illuminated Makeup Mirror which I think is around in the USA as well??? I really like it. There's both normal and magnified, you can control the light setting with a dimmer thingie which is really handy, and the lighting is all around the actual mirror bit. It goes at different angles as well. Really nice to have on the whole, and cheaper than some other mirrors with a two year warranty as well. It's a standing mirror so no need to install it on your wall or anything. All in all it meets my needs really well.

I got something called the Jerdon tri-fold two-sides makeup mirror off Amazon a few weeks ago, actually. It wasn't quite what I expected - smaller and slightly flimsier than what I wanted to start off with and the lighting isn't all that great either. Still, for the price I paid, it is OK I guess and meets my needs better than not having it. I'm neither giving it a positive nor a negative review, it's just what I have and will make do with now. To be honest though, seeing mirrors in person rather than buying them online is probably a good thing, even if you end up spending a little more that way.

I've been rather busy lately and had some computer problems but I did want to let you guys know that I read your suggestions and looked them all up on the web. Thanks! Londongirl, I actually love the look of that Boots mirror and do prefer a standing mirror that can be moved really, for the simple reason that I don't always do my makeup in the same place. I think I'd like this one but I'm not going to buy quite yet, so if someone else has other suggestions then I am still in the mood for hearing them!

So, I am also looking at the Conair Oval Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror, which has a polished chrome finish and 7x magnifying power for $27.99 at the moment. That looks similar to the Boots one overall. The reviews are mixed. Some good, some bad. I have never had a lighted mirror before so overall my guess is that I might be somewhat less picky than others overall.

If there are any people here who know about the Conair lighted mirror or have it at home, I would love to hear reviews of that particular mirror as well, if possible?

I don't think any lighted vanity mirror can compare to or compete with doing your make-up in natural light, personally. That is why I have my make-up station set up right next to a big window. I want to know what my face will look like in the natural light, not apply my make-up in a dark space when it is daytime. For night time, I just do it in the bathroom because I know it will look the same in other artificial light. If you like lighted vanity mirrors go ahead and get one but I think they are way over-rated.