i had an abortion about 2 months ago now im 16,
if i would have had the baby i would have been seriously ill or ld have died
and the baby wouldnt have had much of a life either,
i know it was for the best and so does my boyfriend but
i heard someone say the other day about not ever being able to kill something thats growning inside her
and i almost burst into tears at college
i just want to know if what im feeling, all this guilt and depression, is normal for a post abortive mother to be going through?

What you are feeling is totally normal. I had a friend who had an abortion at age 15 for the same reasons. The baby would not have had a good qaulity of life if it were to be born with severe medical issues and if the baby would have passed away then, you in fact are not "killing" the child. Though I am not personally for abortion, I do support the right to choose what is best for all concerned...that includes the unborn child. If you were in no position to care for the child, the child would have had severe problems, passed away, etc. then, I think you did the right thing. It is not fair to bring a child into the world if all that they would be faced with is a diminished quality of life. Don't fear, your feelings of guilt and depression will eventually subside. You may always have some questions in your mind but, as long as you can truly believe that you did the right thing, it will all work out ok.

It is very normal to feel guilt or depressed. And you know what? Someone says that they'd never be able to do it, but you know, they've never been in your shoes. They can't say that for certain. You made the right decision for you,a nd you should feel confident in your decision. DOes this help you at all?

i had the same feelings after my second abortion when i was 16...but after alla that tears i thought that most people dont know the reasons for that decisions...although i regreted, i shouldnt have done this for the second time its was something that made me feel terrible thats why i cared about what people say.after tha 2 abortion i had another pregnancy about a year ago , i decided to keep the baby.me and my bf were ready to get married but i had a car accident and i lost the baby and then faced problems with my bf and we broke up too.it was the worse experience in my life and yet cant get over it...i hope you ll be strong and everything will be fine!Tace care

Maggie

i do not think you are a murderer. i am scheduled to have an abortion at six weeks tomorrow. i am in the perfect situation to have another child, and my heart would love to. but my body won't let me. i've been on medications this past summer(trial drug for multiple sclerosis) that could leave me dead from bleeding out during pregnancy or at birth. then what would happen to the two children i already have that are 10 and 6? and my husband? and there is the chance that i can pass this problem on to an innocent infant. probably dying is not in anyones best interests, especially yours. i am sad. i don't "believe in" abortion. but what can i do? we practiced safe sex. should i purposely bring a sick person into the world, when i know what it is to suffer?, much less probably die doing it? don't feel bad girl. and then when i'm on here in a few days, you can help me feel better:)

Hi good mom, please don't beat yourself up. I know that you're sad but I am glad to hear that you are making the right decision. PLease let us know if you need help with anything or just need to vent, okay?

thanks all. i had it done yesterday. the freakshows standing around the clinic were handing out dead flowers! as if they know anyone's situation. but the staff was great. they had a body guard posted at fifty feet from the door, so they couln't ome any closer. and i discovered that in addition to not beign able to carry a baby d/t my health conditions, most of it was hyaditform molar tissue, with just a few 'parts' hanging out. ie, the baby part was already gone. so it is over, thank God almighty or i might have more bitter feelings at myself. it only took a few minutes. and i'm hardleyl bleeding at all. a few drops here or there, whcih is good b/c of my blood platelet condidition... i'm very relieved.

AND THANK YOU ALL!

I am glad to hear that it went so well for you. I am sorry that you were harassed at the entrance but some people think that it's an issue and then they refuse to support anything to help mothers with their pregnancy anyway! I'm glad to hear that it went well. Thanks for the update!

thanks:) it does make me upset that they stand around a planned parenthood though... that's where people go to GET contraceptives so they don't have to go through abortion or whatnot. why should people get harrassed going to get a pap smear where they can afford it? that part made me mad. my insurance covered everything, so i 'paid' anyway and had it donated to someone who couldn't afford it, as i have used pphood in the past on their sliding scale thing. thanks for your support:) and finally i'm glad to be back on my workout schedule also. it's very important to me with the whole ms thing to keep my body strong.

It makes me feel better reading posts from normal people. Most of what I've read was teenagers and emotionally disturbed from years ago... I am going in tomorrow morning to have an abortion I am about 4-5 weeks along, this would have been me and my husbands first child but I have heart problems among other things and have doubts of being able to safetly have the baby. I am also starting a business after being layed off that really needs to work for us to be financially stable. We would have to give up everything we have worked so many years for and likely lose our house if we had another mouth to feed. I feel like I am doing a terrible thing but know it's what is right for my husband and I. I don't have many people I can talk to about it so I am happy to find this board. My mother would be devastated if she knew, and many of my friends arent good at keeping things quiet. My husband keeps assuring me its right for us and it was initally my decission not to have it. I already feel guilty and it's not even done yet, not to mention terrified of the procedure itself tomorrow. Keep the support coming!

Yes most definitely