Hello girls,

I must say that I am so addicted to caffeine. I drink to much coffee, and I think that there is no diet that support this habit. So, every single diet I follow, turns out to be terrible for me :/

So, I was looking again for some diet, and I found this Marilu Henner’s diet.

Anyone tried this diet? I am seeking a some good advice, so wish me luck :)

Can you tell me more about this diet? What can I eat? Where can I buy the book from Marilu Henner?

Give me some support and wish me luck :)

Keep in touch! 

How's everything?

OK, we are talking about Marilu Henner's total health makeover in here. Basically, that is a second name for this diet. And, I must tell you that this diet is amazing! So far, I have only good words for it :)

It is not easy, you should know that, especially if you are not a vegetable lover. But, I love vegetables and I felt incredible while I was on this program :)

Basically, you have 10 steps to follow.

• you must eliminate caffeine,
  • don't eat chemicals in your food,
  • use only natural sugar,
  • eliminate meat,
  • eliminate milk,
  • avoid trans fats,
  • exercise every day,
  • sleep enough,
  • combine all your food,
  • eat everything with pleasure.

Try it :)

Hello darling,

did you know that Marilu Henner is an award winning actress? She is also a New York Times best selling author of eight books. That is a nice biography, right?

If you ask me that girl is a great inspiration :)

I have tried her diet, and I am really satisfied with it. The rules are so clear and simple, so there is no way that you can’t follow it. I love vegetables, so this diet was not that big problem for me. If you are not fan of the veggies that might be a problem for you, but trust me, you can manage it.

Best wishes!

Hello there,

well, this seems like a diet that I definitely must try! It seems easy, these rules are easy to follow. I am totally into it!

I love to eat vegetables, so this is not a problem for me :) Every meal that I eat has a lot of vegetables. I didn't know that she is an actress :) I should probably look up for some things on the internet about her :) My mistake.

About exercising, do I need to do some certain exercise? I love to walk every day, is that OK?

Thank you for posting, keep up!

Hello there,

so basically, her rules are very simple. But, do you know what is not simple for me? To cut out caffeine :/.

I don’t know how to do that. Does that mean that I can’t drink any type of coffee, not even the instant coffee?

I usually drink about three or four cups every day – when I get up, when I have breakfast, when I have job break, and in the evening, when I am at home with my family. That is a lot of coffee, right?

How to get rid of this habit? How to do that?

Thank you!

I have that problem as well. I drink a lot of coffee, so I can say that I am really addicted to caffeine :). And, I can't deal with it :)

I am joking, if you want to try this diet, then you should try to avoid coffee, no matter what. I think I am going to do that.  It is hard, but I will give it a try.

All these other facts are simple, because I already eat a lot of fruit, vegetables and nuts. I do exercise, but every second day. I hope that this is enough.

Can I blend the food?

Keep in touch!

I replied to several posts about Marilu's Total Health Makeover yesterday but I don't see them.  I think there was a different thread?  I'm sorry.  I'm new to the site so I'm still learning.

I'm a friend of Marilu's and I've been following this plan since 1999.  Like everyone else here I can't say enough good things about it.  Or about Marilu.  The woman is a dynamo.  She actually began researching many many years ago after the death of her parents and her plan grew from a desire to live in the healthiest way possible.  It's not a fad diet.  It's a healthy way of life! 

I don't know want to violate any rules on this site.  As I said I'm new so I'm not familiar with what's acceptable.  But I can give you lots more information.  If it's acceptable you can ask me here or else  e-mail me. 

I would be very happy to help!

Mery Beth, thank you so much about this words. I was wondering would anyone tell me something like this :)

I am so glad that you as well can tell me all positive things about Marilu Henner and her diet.

I have to say that I agree with you, I also think that this is not a diet, it is a healthy lifestyle. And, I want to try it. I will start to follow this diet on Monday.

Please, feel free to tell us more information about this diet because as I can see, you are really into it :)

Keep in touch!

Darla, I love knowing that you're interested in HEALTH. So many people just want a quick fix, jump on the latest fad to get thin and of course many of those are so restirctive and unhealthy that you can't sustain them long term. And then people go back to the way they used to eat and gain back all the weight.

Usually I have orange juice and almonds to start the day but this morning we wanted to use up some bananas so I blended them with a little coconut oil and almond milk, sweetened it with a drop of pure maple syrup. So yummy. My husband wanted a hot breakfast (it's chilly here today) so we had some cream of wheat later (with almond milk) Usually we have oatmeal but we were out.

We're having vegetarian stuffed peppers for lunch with salad. (My husband prefers to take his lunch to work so that's a good thing....saves money and keeps his lunches healthy)

Marilu has a website but I know that some sites will remove a post if you promote another site so I don't want to break the rules but if it's okay I can give you info on that. On Monday the holiday class will begin and that's a group of people trying to stay accountable over the holidays. In January we have a very focused, back to basics, class that reinforces all of the principles. There will most likely be a real time chat with Marilu during that class. Those are always a blast.

Oh I meant to say....don't worry about the caffeine for now. Some people jump in and do all the steps of the program from day 1 and other people need to take it a step at a time. Marilu would tell you to do what's right for you. In time you'll find yourself needing the caffeine less and less. Every time you bump up your healthy standards you get more natural energy. Just don't beat yourself up for it.