Hi! I need all the attention of cat lovers.:) I want to ask you a few questions.

I have a cat and I don’t know what is the best way of feeding her. My friends are feeding their pets with dry and canned food and they’re all satisfied. I, on the other hand, feed my cat with high quality canned food and I’m not satisfied at all. She keeps having some digestive problems. That’s why I’ve decided to start feeding her with raw food from now on. 

Can you tell me what are the costs of feeding your kitty with raw food?

Hello there.

I support your decision. While I was feeding my cat with dry food he often had digestive problems and as soon as I added raw food in his diet he started digesting his food better.

As for the costs, I can’t tell you the exact amount of money you will be spending , because I don’t feed my cat exclusively with raw food. I combine caned food (and even dry food sometimes )with it.

But I can tell you that I spend the exact same amount of money as I did before I started feeding him with raw food.

I never really counted my costs. It is very irresponsible from me, but I consider my cat as a part of the family. And you don’t save on your family, right?

Now, if I need to put my costs on paper, I can say that I spend a bit more than before switching to raw food. Fresh food from market is not so expensive, but I need to go there more times than before when I was buying canned food, as fresh meat cannot stay for too long. And, there are “costs” of preparing the food, I mean time you spend on that.

Basically, you spend only a little more money and a much more time, but you spare yourself from going to vet and having a sick cat.

Well that depends on the weight of the cat. I can’t tell you anything about the costs unless you tell me some more information about your cat.  

You can buy bone-in chicken thighs and liver for about a dollar per pound. And I think that you can find boneless chicken breast or thighs for probably two dollars per pound.  Boneless beef roast costs two dollars and a half per pound.

I usually make the mix 1/2 chicken, 1/4 beef, and 1/4 rabbit.  That costs me about two dollars a pound.

That is pretty cheap. You can add some supplements, I’m not sure about their price since I don’t use them.

Hey. It is really simple – healthy food is always a little bit expensive than other food. But, I am for it – I think that you already know this :) But, in this case, it is not expensive at all. I mean, feeding your cat with prepared raw food is not expensive at all. I know that you can feed your cat with 5 ounces per day. My mom has a cat, and it costs her a little bit than one dollar – per can – for one day! Yes, it is true. It is not expensive at all and I think that you can feed your kitten with it without any problems. 

Hello. It is not expensive at all, and it is really healthy. I am a huge cat lover, I have one senior, three adults and two kittens. And, yes, I have husband and kids, I am not living just with my cats lol :)
It cost me about 70 dollars per month to feed all my cats with raw food. About the kitty, food for them are not so expensive at all, it costs me about 1 or even 2 dollars. When I decide this, I made a list and I saw that this is totally ok, not expensive at all, and it is healthy :)

Hello everyone. When you have experience with feeding your kitty raw, you will learn what the best for your budget is :)  When I started feeding my cat with raw food, it was so hard, and I was spending a lot of money. But, later, a few months ago, I have learned that I don’t have to spend so much money. All  I need to do is to find quality ingredients that my cat is going to love. So, I did it. Now, I am spending less than 100 dollars per month, sometimes maybe more, but that is approximately it. 

Really? I had no idea that raw food is so expensive!

Thank you so much for your answers.

When I think about it again, I don’t think that raw food is really necessary for my cat. :D She is not my only pet and if the rest of them are going with the same costs, I think I’m gonna become bankrupt.

I have this friend who works in the local butcher shop so I’m hoping he will get me some discount on the meat and maybe bones. He has done that for me earlier.

And I’m thinking about growing my own vegetables in the garden.:)

Hey. It is not a bad idea at all, to grow vegetables in your own garden. :) But, I still believe that cat food is not so expensive, like food for dogs. Anyway, I think that the most important thing is that this food is healthy, that this food only can make good things for your pet, your cat is going to be healthy. Maybe it is not that healthy food for your cat, but we all do know that everything what is so yummy and tasty it is not healthy, right? I still do believe that raw food for your cat is the best option :)