Hi i have the same thing & i think you sould have the root canal an or have it pulled out thats what i need my uper wisdom tooth out & im 6 mths an this just happend ill be ok !!!

NO AND YES U CAN I AM IM 6MTHS

Thank you! My tooth has been hurting for 2 days, I'm 5 months pregnant and I tried the peroxide and it really does ease the pain! This is my 4th pregnancy and the 1st time I've had problems with my teeth but I also don't like milk! And I don't take calcium either! Although Im going to start to take it now! My OB doc gave me a list of to take with me to the dentist and it says you can get teeth pulled! Good luck lady's!!

I have been having problems with my teeth during my periods, the whole righ side of my mouth kills me every time. I have only just found out that im pregnant and am in so much pain that i dont know what to do with me self. i cant eat , i cant sleep.  i know i will have to have at least one tooth removed but i have a feeling i will need a lot more work done.  I do not live in the uk and have no idea if they will do any dental work while im pregant but i dont think i can stand 9 months of this pain. Is there anything i can try to ease the pain

I had a root canal done when I as 27 weeks with my first child. No choice in it, if I'd waited the infection whould have spread to my whole mouth. Gave me lortab afterwards. That baby is now 6 years old and top of her first grade class. Every Dr has their own opinion.

tooth ache and infection can cause premature labour, i've had teeth pulled while pregnant, also had a prem baby from not getting into the dentist fast enough.

I am 8 months pregnant and they told me they can't finish my root canal until after the baby is born and the past week and a half I've been in so much pain. They said all I can take is tylenol, but its not helping and I've been trying Ambesol, Orajel and Orasol and its not enough. i returned to the dentist and they basically told me I have to suffer for the next month. They couldn't even numb my gums for the hour and a half I had to wait in pain just for them to tell me that. I'm so fustrated, i work and am going to school and already have a 2 year old son. This pain affects my driving, sleeping and eating habits and they still can't help me. What can I do????:'(

Hi i am aisa im from philippines but im living in sweden  my pregnancy is 6month now and ihad pain my teeth  the its happend like this  always wille im pregnant since my pregnant first ihad pain teeth. And since iwas labour and  the first my baby and iwent to the dentis and i remove my teeth som are aqut my teeth always so ithough that  it never pain again my teeth coz i remove some are  damage my teeth and now my 2nd baby it pain again and idint expect that it will have pain again my teeth   And sadenly icant call my  doc to chect me always wille  im pregnant coz its a holy so no any  hospital or dentis icant call because its holyday  so. I is ok that iwill take medicine paracetamol   Medicine ? But something ihave worred because if i take paracetamol medicen then the baby  inside something effect 

I am having the same problems and I am 6 months this is my second pregnancy and it happen again for a 2nd time with this baby. The pain is worst then labor and when it doesn't get tooking care of it puts alot of stress on you and the baby. So Monday I will be going to have work done on my mouth good luck to you and call your dentist ASAP ;)

As stupid as I am to be sitting here with the same problem, and I know better because there is a dentist who pulls teeth for cheap here. I just wanna suggest to those questioning it, go ahead and call your local hospital, or health department. In most cases, they have a list of places that may be able to help you with the issue. Dixie Dental in Daphne AL has a predetermined list of prices, and they are so that low income folks can take care of what needs to be done. It isn't EXTREMELY CHEAP, but cheap enough that you can manage it on an irregular basis for the lowest of incomes. (65 for a tooth extraction) Don't be afraid to ask for help from your local government agencies, that have resources for those in need. I know because I didn't have insurance before my pregnancy and am on pregnancy only medicaid now. It's hard not to have a place to go when you need help, I know this myself.

You can get a root canal when you are pregnant, I did. If there is no other option then this is the better option than letting infection go to the baby. I will say that is was terribly painful and I hope I never have to go through it again in my lifetime.

why is she lying..I have terrible teeth and am pregnant I've had 3 infections in the past two months with three different teeth and that doesn't count the other ones that are half broken and I can tell you I'd rather get all my teeth pulled out then to deal with this pain!

Omg just got my top molar tooth pulled and I'm in so much pain I wanna cry I've been er twice already and I don't want to keep going back in them thinking I'm crazy and my dentist can't see me until tomorrow I don't know what to do I've tooking Tylenol already and it not cutting it ugh

I just cane home from my dentist and she just told me while you're pregnant you cannot have any anaesthetic for tooth work. I live in Canada and I'm confident that our doctor's and dentists want what's best for my baby and I.

Maybe you shouldn't comment on things you don't know about.. It is perfectly ok to have a root canal in the 2nd trimester.. They will numb you with Novacaine.. I had one done last week and everything went fine.. My dentist took 1 X-ray and that's all he needed.. If you have never had tooth pain like this, then you just don't understand..