I went through withdrawal not too long ago and still feel off mentally (and physically) and was trying to start exercising and start getting myself back in to shape. Everyone keeps saying it helps natural endorphins also and was wondering if that happens more during cardio or physical lifting? I know I should do both but thinking maybe put more of an emphasis on one during the beginning just to get back in the ryhthm of things. Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanks

Seems like I may have the answer to my own question but wanted to see if anyone else has the same experience. Running seems to really make me feel so much better after I'm done, gets my heart going, and just feel very good afterwards. Less anxious, and good mood. 

Weight lifting felt good but not the same, and was very difficult for me right now. Maybe just the after-effects of the withdrawal or just need to get back in the swing of things.

Is this just more of an opinion thing or is there any reasoning behind it? 

Celebrity

hey!
I just wanted to say go run! :)
When I was quitting cigarettes - running saved me! Supposedly it brings more oxygen to brain - maybe this has sth to do with better mood.

Regarding weight lifting - I think you need more time ... for me it felt good - for example lifting a bit heavier weights (like 20 kg bar when doing legs; or 6 kg dumbbells for arms) after a few years of training. And it still feels different comparing to running. Plus - it always, but always feels better running outdoors! And uphill :) Imagine the satisfaction when you finish 3.5 km uphill. I know it was achievement for me :)

Btw..
Congrats on changing your life!
keep doing what you do - the decision to switch your addiction to sports is from my perspective one of the best things a person can do!

Also, I read your post about not being hungry after working out (even if you felt hungry before workout) - maybe this has sth to do with changes in lifestyle - I really don't know - sometimes this happens to me too - however after my body settles down after a workout (about 1 or more hour after workout) I do feel hunger :)
Definitely, always try to grab sth (some muessli or sth like that... ) about one hour before run; or at least one banana or sth like that right before running...
xox

Thanks for the nice words TayaTaya. I definitely have noticed running outdoors seems to be my favorite right now. Really helps me feel good and gets me motivated for the rest of the day. 

What is sth? Sorry never heard that term before. 

Celebrity

I am really glad to hear that! Just keep going.

sth = something :)

Thanks TayaTaya, I cannot believe how much of a difference forcing myself to run in the morning is making. My entire day feels so much less "stressful" and smoother. Hasn't been long so far but little by little it feels like less of a chore and more of something I look forward to. Seems like sth I'm going to keep doing for a long time ;)