I started this class today and am very impressed at just how difficult and vigorous this was. I always thought of yoga as so passive. It was a real mind body challenge in reality. I tried the video/CD, but wasn't quite sure I was getting the postures in correctly. Going to actual classes has really helped and will help with all the flexibility I've lost as well as my focus and breathing.

I'd venture to guess a very novice person to stretching would be very intimidated by such a yoga class. I mean to the point where the person would never ever go back. Even with as many years dancing as I've had, this was hard and I'm really positive now about how much flexibility I've sacrificed. I'm very confident I'll gain the flexibility back, so the first class went extremely well for me. If you're trying it for the first time, promise flexibility happens...just not over night...in degrees. Pilates are a good starting point too.

Has anyone else noticed that runners sweat a lot??? I was dripping in the studio. It was crazy. I think it has something to do with our bodies becoming more efficient. 8)

Shelly

Sounds good.

I wish I had time for yoga. I barely have time to stretch :roll:

Sounds good. I wish I had time for yoga. I barely have time to stretch :roll:
I hear ya man. that's why i made it mandatory for me to at least take 10 minutes from lunch for just that reason.

Is that the kind where they turn the heat up way high? I have some friends who swear by it and have been trying to get me to go as well.

'efficient'? Um Is that the new word for 'sweats like a w**** in church'?? If so, thats me... :oops: :oops:

Has anyone else noticed that runners sweat a lot??? I was dripping in the studio. It was crazy. I think it has something to do with our bodies becoming more efficient. 8) Shelly
There's been studies on that. Elite runners versus beginner runners actually do sweat over twice as much. And yep, it's an efficiency thing that as your body is pressed to cool itself more and more often, it really does "improve" in terms of sweat just as you improve your cardiovascular or your strength or any related running "body process".

Bikram rocks. Back in the day I did classes when I had time, now just the tapes. I credit it 100% for my flexibility.

Is that the kind where they turn the heat up way high? I have some friends who swear by it and have been trying to get me to go as well. 'efficient'? Um Is that the new word for 'sweats like a w**** in church'?? If so, thats me... :oops: :oops:

I should have prefaced the sweat comment with...it was hotter than blazes in there...105 to 110 degrees...but comparatively to the other yoga people, yes, I was "sweating like a w**** in church" :oops:

Yes, it's best to do the classes first...because than you find out how you really should be doing the poses. The problem with all the heat in the room is that sometimes I thought I'd either get stuck in some bizarre position or I'd slip out of the position.

ive only taken "power" yoga and "normal" (as in not sweating like a w**** in chruch) and i love it. the first few minutes of class are kind of uncomfortable, but ive always managed to impress myself with how much i can push my self.

and i always get a mega dose of endorphins afterward. usually, after a good workout im giddy. after a good yoga class im even more hyper than hyper! :mrgreen: