This is happening to me too i had a baby 6 months ago and everything was normal been using condoms the proper way so im very sure im not pregnant my period was due monday and had a pregnancy test at the doctors yesterday and it was negative she said to wait a few more days to do a blood test.

It's okay now thank god I got my period again, same month but it only went for 3days. I finished and the abnormal bloods gone haha. It was caused by swapping times of birth control and being on and off them I researched it :) Also I think I should be checked out incase but I'm way to scared of blood test I literally cry even thinking about it

We r trying to hv baby and are hvng unprotected sex.. My periods was due on mar 5th but a week before i started hvng brown discharge which went on fa 2-3 days and started again after 2 weeks which went on for 2 days. I took a pregnancy test it came negative. and periods tend to get skipped wid brown discharge only during winters. Planning to meet gynac but no appointment till may end.. can any1 tell me y this happens.

Omg i thought I thought i was the only one with this problem . I had sex a week before my period & when I thought i had my period I was spotting & Ive been spotting for a week now I dnt if I could be or not but its only been 11 days since i had sex I hate been a girl & planning to do a pregnancy test this week

Hi,i am 16 years of age and i also have brown spotting. When i was 10 i was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and had sugery done to remove it. At 12 my docter then told me that i had polycystic ovaries..or PCOS. That ment that when its time for my period the egg with go to my ovary and stay there. I have symptons like facial hair,dark spots around my body and acne. I dont look like it because i wax often,and use a lot of make up. As i got older my condition got worse. I skiped my period for 1 year and 3 months. ( i got my period when i was 9) Today at 4/15/12 i got my period..''well i thought i did'' I looked  like it. during the day it lessened and then i got pink spotting and then it turned brown. Im hoping to have my period. it's barely been a day but is this considered a period or just spotting? I am trying to lose weight at the moment.

It might be a "bacterial vaginosis-BV" its symptoms are similar to the yeast infection but definitely needs a different treatment, which requires you to see a gynocologist, and there is those "free clinics" you can go to w/o excuses, if it is a type of bacteria the ob/gyn will give you antibiotics and it should go away.

i am 16days delayed on my period and i encounter a brown spotting sometimes it came out a blood. what is happening on my cycle?

With bv though you have a fishy odor especially during intercourse. You usually get bv from douching, cause you wash out natural bacteria. If that's the case its actually hard to treat. They recommend eating a lot of yogurt cause of the yeast, some docs might even tell you to put the yogurt directly inside.

There are different causes of spotting, this article might help you with all your questions.

http://www.huggies.com.au/conception/am-i-pregnant/spotting

Hi I'm having the same issue I'm suppose to be on my period on sat but have been having brown and red discharge but only spotting this has been happening for 6 day nows . I've taken pregnancy test but has come back negative . I'm havin unprotected sex as would like to have a baby

I am having the same problem right now. I know I am definately NOT PREGNANT but I've been spotting brown for like a week now. I'm kinda worried but then again I'm also thinking it's stress cuz I'm about to start college. Please I need answers.

If it has an odor then its not a yeast infection its a bacterial infection. My Dr. told me that a long time ago. I used to think the same thing esp bc it looked like a yeast infection. Good luck

did you get pregnant right now?

Am going through the same thing right now, and it's the first time it ever happen to me, but let's not forget that if your iron is low that also can cause spotting.

I have a very similar issue. Since tuesday and now its monday i am still having brown spotting when i wipe. I took pregnancy test and both negative im not due for my period for like 15 more days. I dont have sex that often and i dont take birth control or any medications. Im really concerned. Saw a doctor and she didnt have a clue. She would have to do soooo much tests to find out what it is but its too expensive. The brown spotting is off and on. Most the time its very light.