I like cycling and it has been my favorite sport for a long time. Dont get me wrong, it still is. However, I would like to try running. My girlfriend is really into it so I would like to join her. What do you think about running parallel with cycling?

Well, there is nothing wrong in having additional sport. Especially if it is going to win you your girlfriends heart! However you have to be careful not to over train. You will have to ease up on both workouts to be able to complete them all. Get plenty of rest and try to get at least 8 hours(more is desirable) of good night sleep.

I think cycling will help you get better at running and vice versa. So why not go ahead and do both in parallel? As long as you don't go overboard and train too hard at both. Always in moderation..

Trail Running Blog

I think it is great to spend quality time with your partner . If you can combine these two sports, and I believe you can .. that's great I think

I love cycling and has been practicing it for 2 years. I can't imagine my life without it, but when you say about combining these two, won't it be too stressful? Well, say, if you don't have any health problems, then enjoy your combined sport activity to the fullest..

I have been a club level triathlete for about ten years now and have never found any problems with running and cycling although i would recommend trying to have a rest day or swim on a day in-between your running and cycling as otherwise you coudl find yourself doing one or the other on anything by fresh legs!