I've started working out couple of months ago. I've been doing body exercsises at home and I am doing them 3 times per week. 

I really want to exercise more often so I was thinking of doing push ups every day. 

I don't know whether thats good or not? My friend who went to army told me that they had to do an incredible ammount of push ups every day. 

Oh man I know exactly how you feel. 

When i started working out at home i got to 3 months mark when I felt the urge to speed things up by exercising every day. So i started researching this and only to found out that people are divided when it comes to this. One believe that working out every day is pefectly ok when you get use to it while the other half says that muscle needs to rest at least a day in between the exercise. 

I was thorn between the wish to work out every day and the fact that muscles grow when ther are resting. I guess it makes sense. 

By exercising you tear you muscle fiber and new fiber regrows there making your muscles bigger after every workout. For them to regrow properly they need to rest otherwise you will tear your muscle fiber again and again without it being able to grow properly. 

On the other hand , I don't think doing exercisizes every day is bad. I just think it will delay your goal. Depending on your goal you might wanna decide what is the best option for you. 

If you are looking to build mass the I highly suggest taking a day or two break between work outs. But if you are just looking to be strong and fast and delay your muscle growth then do it every day. 

better is to do it 6 days  a week and then rest one day.

Why is it better? Can you explain?

If you are doing resistance type exercise - eg where you do a short number of repetitions exercising your muscles against weights, such as 10 squats using weights to provide the resistance - then you are better to have a day off from that type of exercise to allow the muscles time to recover from the tearing.

However, this this does not mean you cannot exercise at all on your "day off". You can either exercise some different muscles, or you can do cardio work - where you exercise more gently but over longer periods eg cycling, walking/jogging etc. This is more about endurance rather than strength and your muscles don't need as much time to recover - unless you overdo it!