I JUST CAUGHT MY 5 YEAR OLD SON WITH HIS UNDERWEAR DOWN AND MY 9 YEAR OLD SON HAD AN ERECTION. IT WAS VERY ODD TO ME BECAUSE NORMALLY THE 9 YEAR OLD WOULD TELL ME IF THE 5 YEAR OLD WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG, BUT THIS TIME HE DID'NT. THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I CAUGHT MY 9 YEAR OLD DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS.THIS IS ACTUALLY THE 4TH TIME AND IT'S BEEN WITH ALL YOUNGER BOYS. WHAT COULD BE HIS REASON FOR DOING THIS TYPE OF STUFF. I DON'T ALLOW HIM TO SPEND THE NIGHT OUT HE IS NEVER OUT OF MY SIGHT. I AM SO CONFUSED PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! BECAUSE IT IS BREAKING MY HEART AND STRESSING ME OUT!!!

Hello, firstly tell me please if your 9 y. o. son presents some puberty signs (big penis and scrotum, dark skin of his scrotum, some pubes, etc.)  and if you caught him playing with his erected penis or masturbating.?

While I understand your concern...I think it's pretty normal for your 9 year old to be curious. What kinds of conversations have you had with him about his body? About puberty? About boys and girls? If you haven't - it's time. He clearly wants to learn about his body...and how it compares to others. Which is why he was comparing with his brother..it's all he has available. Kids are curious by their nature - then we hide...and treat with secrecy...just one part of their body. Well...it's only natural that they now want to know why THAT part is so off limits. On top of that...THAT part changes sizes...and feels funny when you touch it. It's a lot for a 9 year old. My advice - don't worry. But - please talk to him about it. Create an environment where he is comfortable asking questions about his body...and the changes he is going to start seeing soon. Give him a book or two so he can get information himself as well. Good luck.