My girlfriend has a dog his nails are sometimes falling off. I was wondering is this normal? Does it hurt a dog when a nail falls off?

That is not normal for a dog's nails to fall off. I assume that you don't mean that they are getting torn out or anything like that, right? I know that the nails are actually very sensitive for dogs, even more than they are for humans. They work sort of like teeth. Beyond the nail there's a nerve that can be cut and it hurts a lot. I don't know if your girlfriend's dog would let on or not that he's in pain but it's a good idea to see a vet about this and soon. Keep us posted on how he does!

Well it's not torn out off course. It's just very labile and the dog is showing pain when we touch here feet. I think it is going to fall out any day now. So it just grows back, right? As soon as it is out I will post about dogs condition.
Thanks...

it's probably SLO..

What is SLO?

I'm confused...
What about if they still have all their nails?