I'm 21 years old and just found out three days ago I'm pregnant. I can pretty much pin it to the day that it happened, which would put me at 5w1d. Yesterday I made an abortion appointment for this upcoming Wednesday but I'm nervous. Not only that, I'm already extremely upset. I want a baby, always have wanted one, but my boyfriend and I discussed what would happen if our contraceptive devices failed and we had agreed that, at this point in our lives, abortion would be the best decision. I graduate college in May and have a promising future, but a baby really isn't in the plans right now. I know that if this had been a year later, the circumstances would be drastically different (I would have the money to have my own place, support myself and possibly a child) and the decision to have an abortion would be a harder one and a different one to make. I know that aborting the baby is the right choice for me, and adoption isn't even in the cards. When push comes to shove, there is no way I would be able to give my own child to someone else to raise, even if it was an open adoption. I'm feeling scared, upset and guilty. I've been reading topics on this forum, as well as articles about post-abortion feelings which say that most women who feel grief and guilt are those who have been pressured into having an abortion, and I know I'm going to be one of those.

Does anyone have any advice?

I'm sorry for the rant, I'm just upset and scared and don't know who to turn to. My boyfriend and I have decided not to tell anyone, fearing our parents will find out. Thank you so much.

Signed,
Alex

Hi!

I'm in exactly the same situation. I guess everything is ok with you now..

So confused about how to feel..pregnant or carry on as usual.
Im in a high pressure uni course graduating in May same as you were last year, and my boyfriend has one more year to finish so I guess it would be stupid and unfair to keep it.

I just hate the feeling that Im having a little baby, but in reality, I'm not.

How did everything go for you?