is it normal to to have a change in the amount and intensity of orgasms after an abortion?

We advise most women to not have sex for one week after an early abortion.

SOME women find that their orgasms may be be more intense after an abortion.

This is partially because your uterus is more sensitive to the contractions that an orgasm will cause.

Some women may have much less intense orgasms, but this is usually due to some concerns over having another unwanted pregnancy.

If ones orgasms are more intense, how long does that last for? Is it going to be a permanent change?

I know that this is an extremely late reply, and i'm sure that you've figured out your answer, but i wanted to answer for someone who doesn't know and may happen to read this.

After i had my abortion, my orgasms were permanently more intense and take less time to achieve. I went back for a follow up and everything was fine, but my orgasms have honestly never been the same (Not that I'm not complaining).

I'm not sure if it's like this for every woman, but that's how it was for me, so I thought I'd share. :rotate:

That is absolutely true! My orgasms (if I can describe my former ones as such) are much more powerful, deeper and penetrates the whole of my body, and much longer ongoing after my first abortion, 21th week of gestation (because I was young and afraid to tell). To me abortion turned out to be a kind of sexual therapy, though unintended (dare I say still constructively surprising?). Previous to my abortion I did not really understand why sex is so great even though it was enjoyable enough, but now I undeniably understand the greatness! To me the increase of the "orgasmic rage" has been permanent and stable. The same goes to my second abortion. My orgasms is NOT getting weaker, rather fiercer, but more nuanced in unexpected and amazing ways as well. I do not know if this later improvement has something to do directly with my second abortion (I think so), but the point is that the latter abortion did not reduce the sexual health consequence of the first one. I do not propose anyone to have late term abortions for getting such enhanced orgasms, as I do not know how commonly this sexual health effect is. I was fifteen years old with my first abortion, but I was able in sexual experiences after years of masturbation and couple of years of active sex in having real deal orgasms by that time, but those were still weak and left me somehow dissatisfied, not ineffectual releases though, but almost pathetic to those wholesome ones I am getting nowadays daily. I think it is the abortion that made me to that complete woman and lover. If my daughter in the future has trouble to reach such fulfilling orgasms, I would discuss this aspect of health effect of abortion with her. To me it was an astounding revelation, and maybe such outcome runs in the family. I have talked with my mom about it because she had an abortion, and she says I might have a point, but she had thought of it as to be the "new lover's effect". In my case that is certainly not so.

You would actually advise your daughter to purposely get pregnant then abort just to improve her orgasms? Wow you have validated the reason why abortion should be illegal.

You are so lucky. Mine was the other way around. I cant climax at all and before i could so much and so intense. Its been already 2 years and nothing changed. The doctors think im crazy and prescribing me antidepressants but i know my body and something is wrong there.
If anyone else is going thru this let me know if u know what could be done. Thank you

yea so im a guy and kinda have the same but my is erectile dysfunction i was diagnosed with major depression and was put on antidepressants and ever since iv had this problem .before i was able to preform without a problem and also had a good climax but i guess my problem is differnent than yours but yea theres people out there with problems and im an example so dont feel bad hope you get better

I think it has to do with hormonal changes. 

Me. I'm having the same exact problem. Please let me know you of you can find any kind of solution.

So I had to have an abortion and since then have been unable to. There is no mental block but for some reason my body just can't. Is there something I can do to get it back it will I ever be able to?

Yes I'm finding it hard to orgasm after abortion thinking my hormones are unbalanced

I had a abortion in 2013 it's now 2018 I have a hard time getting and staying wet and hardly ever want sex and have weak orgasms ... gosh I used to want sex often and had no problems with moisture prior to the abortion and earth shattering oragasms to the point of screaMing and uncontrollable laughter. Kinda sucks.

Same thing , I've only squirted once since.

Hi Jaz,

I am also having same thing, its been 1 year of my D&C which has been painful & have gone through a lot. Docs are telling me all is well & its my state of mind. Before I could have got 4-5 orgasms in one go but I am struggling to get even one. I use to feel so HIGH & DESTRESSED after sex but I cant get that any more.
Dont know when can I get my orgams back :-(