I had the abortion procedure today, and found out that i was 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I had already completely made up my mind about getting the abortion, i'm only 22 years old, i'm immature, i'm in college, have 2 jobs, i'm irresponsible, my family would go insane about it, I just am not ready to bring a child into the world, because I feel it is unfair to a child to go through any type of turmoil, thinking, who is my real mother and how could she ever give me up? I would feel too guilty giving a child away, and that's not why I had the abortion, because I felt guilty about that, ultimately, I believe if a person is not ready they must weigh all their thoughts, take the time to decide.

I spent 2 weeks trying to come up with the money for the abortion, it was scary how much it cost, and how little money I have, but that was another reason I knew I couldn't do this. I realized over those 2 weeks, through talking to friends, and to people who might not approve entirely and getting a whole round of perspectives that I still believed I was right in my decision.

I know I do feel a great sense of regret because I feel like in a way something was lost in me, but something was also found. I found that I need to take myself more seriously and to not trivialize the seriousness that can come of having sex, because in no way do I condone abortion as a form of birth control. But I do believe that if any woman is not ready to bring a child into this world than it is her decision and hers alone to do what she deems as necessary.

Love to everyone that must go through something like this, all I can say is that you are not alone, and you can ask others for help. If you decide that you want to keep a pregnancy I hope the best for you, but please don't ever go into it for reasons of guilt or possibly forcefulness of religion or outside influences. It is ultimately your decision and no matter what people tell you, there are resources and people out there that will listen and help you understand that you have the power.