This is EXACTLY what I have been experiencing for about 6 months now. If I eat rice, coconut, or carrots, my throat will almost surely start to constrict after just a few bites. I feel like I am going to choke to death. It's very scary. I don't know what is in these 3 foods that is triggering this, but I can no longer eat these things.

Have you found an answer?

This has happened on and of to me for years. Lots of Dr. visits and diagnoses. It could be that you are allergic to something, try some allergy medication it may help.

I was having a problem swallowing at night due to feeling like my throat closing up for almost a year. It was getting so bad I was getting a light rash on my arms already. After a lot of tests we realized I had an allergy to omega 3 tablets that you buy over the counter.

I have had this going on 4 months. It happens about 10 minutes after I try to eat anything! First thing doctors say after 12 visits to the ER is that’s its anxiety! Well when your throat closes it makes anyone anxious! It’s like anaphylactic shock almost. I’ve lost 50 lbs, been to a gastro doctor found nothing, ER found a fungal infection they gave me nystatin and it’s not killing the fungus, they found gall stones and now want me to under go a nuclear Med study for 3 hours pumping nucleus c**p through my veins when I’m sick and weak and nauseated all the time! I’ve felt like giving up many times but I still want to live. Unfortunately the doctors are not helping me they don’t know why I can’t eat or my throat closes and more and more meds are not helping.....
Any ideas or input from anyone? Happens every time I try to eat...

omg! ive had a problem like this for a few days and I hate it. I can barely even drink anything. its constant and I hope its not something that will affect the way I can do things like ice skate.

how are you doing what did the doctor say you have?

Sleep apnea is what it sounds like but I’m not a doctor

I have had problems with acid reflux it can affect your breathing at least it has mine and I have sleep apnea so maybe have a look at these I’m not a doctor tho , God Bless

I have gerd it is bad . I am on a medication and do not want to take it. It is a drug and I am really wanting off of it. I try one time and had to go back on it. Because my throat was so bad.

I just experienced this last night and I am sure it has happened before but last night was memorable. I jumped up out my sleep COUGHPHING uncontrollably and when I tried to breathe I could only get a sliver of air through. I didn't really panic. I got up and went the bathroom and sat down and coughed and tried to breathe. It cleared up shortly, less than 5 mins I'm sure. The thing is it felt like my sinuses when I was done and breathing properly.