Whats the best postion for first time anal sex?

In my opinion, the best position is doggy.

well it cant be doggy style because she has to be totally relaxed for there to be no pain involved..soo doggy style wouldn't work because she has so hold herself up soo that would mean shes not relaxed. I was thinking just laying on her stomach with a pillow or something under her stomach/vagina area would put her butt up and would be the most relaxing position. but i dont know I was hoping someone with more experience would know more about the best position for first time anal sex. So if anyone does know please inform me. Thanks, J-P

More experience? lol I've been doing anal for 6 years now, and I've counseled a great many people on their first anal sex experiences.

Doggy works best beause it allows her to decide how fast she wants penetration to occur. In the position you are talking about, *you* are the one who decide how fast, how deep, etc., to go, not her. Since you are penetrating her, she should be the one in the position to make those decisions, and being in the doggy position affords that.

When people speak about "being relaxed" they're referring to the relaxation of the anal and pelvic muscles that have a tendancy to tighten up when the ass is fixing to be penetrated. Her being on her hands and knees does cause her any signficant stress at all.

oh sorry I thought sense it says your a newbie to the site that you where just some, somebody that didnt really know that much. Sorry. Soo, ooh k.. doggy style is the best?...Me my girl did try it the other night and it was kinda like doggy style..she was just on her knees and had her stomach on the couch but she was experiencing some pain and she wanted to stop soo we did because I dont want her to feel uncomfortable. We where using a lubricant but it must have been the wrong angle or maybe she wasnt relaxing her anal and pelvic muscles because she was controling my penis. anyother help would be very helpful. Thanks, J-P

best positions are (by worldwide popularity):

1. woman standing at the wall
2. woman at the side
3. missionary
4. man at the back, woman at the back on the man

it's very famous misconception that doggy style is good for anal sex. In fact, women don't receive as much enjoyable feelings from this position as they can from listed at top.

I think the first thing you need to do is start off with a butt plug first..instead of jumping right into full throttle...you know what I mean? That was mine and myhusband's mistake. We read up on it ..and some things have helped me. Have her start to experiment by herself. What she needs to do ..or you ...is to gently massage that area...she will feel your as****e giving into your finger. Start with a finger insertion first ..and gently move up to two even three fingers. Be lubed though!. Then next time...warm up the same way..and then when she feels ready...put in a butt plug...vibrating ones are better than just regular ones to me. Then when she is used to it...next time...start the warm up process again...fingers..butt plug...then move up to your penis. Anal sex should not hurt if done properly. Hope this helps!!

personally, if you lay on your side with your partner between your legs.
your leg against the bed in the arch of your partners body.
it fits the partners body shape so theres no discomfort for the two.
the other leg out of the way of course.

This is a year after your initial post, but some notes of interest.. Make sure you've had a recent movement, or use an anal douche. Trust me, cleaned out is better than not for both of you. Use a lot of lube the first time. After a while, your body will start to adapt more. Lube both your anus and his penis, and have him go slow.. Play with your clit, insert a finger or two into your anus, then his penis - SLOWLY. I enjoyed missionary, because he can kind of hold you while he slides in.. It helps calm your nerves and thus relax your body, and your anus.. Go slow, and at some point have him pull all of the way out, re-lube, and re-enter. It will help lubricate you on the inside. From there, have fun and play around with positions. I enjoy cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, missionary, plow, doggy not so much surprisingly (I like it more for vaginal than anal). Either way, have fun. Use lube. :)