Hey guys just giving an update. So I tried using the 50% on a couple other areas. I hit it about 2-3 times the first night then tried to hit it again the following night about 2-3 times. I am not sure why, but it didn't really work. Like I mentioned the first spot I did kind of completely disappeared, but the second and third spots that I tried seem to have not effect. I think it might be because I did it after I took a shower for the night before going to bed. I am going to try again during the day when my lips are more dry.

This is TK btw, keep forgetting to note.

By the way I think that I may be different since my skin seems to heal really fast like in less than a week.

Does anyone visit the Fordyce forum? There is a guy on there who has posted a pic of his top lip in the diagnosis section. My Fordyce are quite similar. What about you guys?
SNW

Im not able to look at the photo so I can't say, but mine aren't really noticeable for just daily life when not doing anything, but the bottom part of my lower lips have a lighter, whitish color from the spots when I smile or stretch my lips which I think is somewhat noticeable so I'm trying to target that area next. I also have them in the upper center part of my upper lips.

-TK

You need to join the forum the see the photos.
Mine are just on the top lip pretty consistently all over. They aren't that bad and no one has ever commented on them but I want them gone.
SNW

Curious, did your Fordyce come and go? Everything on medical sites suggests they come and go on their own? Also, where you from? I am also a Byers.

I think there's a lot of people still on here that think this will be cured overnight.  It took me three different sessions with 50% TCA to fully get rid of my largest spots.  I performed session roughly 3-4 weeks apart, basically when I saw the spots coming back.

50% is the max I have tried since it worked for me.  AGAIN, everyone is different but have patience.

I rarely use the tazorac now that my bad spots are gone.  Yes, it does cause constant peeling so if it's not working for you, move on.  I only suggested it because it did wonders for me before I used the TCA and I still use it maybe once or twice a week.

Keep the updates coming guys

SS

I got bored and finally decided to get rid of the last two areas. They only occasionally bothered me but wanted to get it over with. I was going through my phone after and actually found a pic of my top right lip section from a year ago in my trash. So even though its been a week, I took a pic of my burned spots today (been one week), then will take another pic a week from to today to give people some more insight and actual pics of how much the 50% TCA and Tazorac has helped.

I know some dont like the Tazorac but I think its a very important part, especially in the healing process. 0.10% Tazorac is the strongest Retin A cream available in the US. The speed up the process of getting rid of dead skin cells and producing new ones.

I strongly believe my success has been attributed to applying tazorac during healing along with neosporin. My theory is the Tazorac quickly turns over those dead cells destroyed in the TCA application. As we all know from pooping these spots, they usually return in 3-4 weeks so if you can "regenerate" new and healthy skin cells, they close up the wound and not allow the sebaceous gland to regenerate. And if it does, you have create new kin cells to "scar" over the sebaceous gland so its oil cant reach the surface.

Obviously this is all theory but as of today, I have been 7 months clear where I did the TCA applications along with period tazorac use.

Will be back to update!

ha, popping not pooping!

Thanks for the insight Byers. I gave myself a couple weeks on the lower area so I plan on tackling it hitting it again. When I hit it should I peel off the dead, dry skin then hit it (Not scab just dried up skin)?

-TK

Just try to let it heal naturally but I know I even catch myself pulling off the pieces of skin.

Hows everyones status right now? Currently I just took off a scab from last week and I was only able to hit it one day which doesn't seem to have any affects. I didn't want to risk taking off the scab and risking scarring it. Regarding my old spot that I was able to for the most part get rid of seems to be slowly coming back, but it is 2x less noticeable compared to before.

-TK

I have tried both Zorac 1.0% and the TCA 50% peels and can confirm that this method works.

I have used the combination of these two things once on a small area on my upper lip and it cleared all the spots. I am currently 11 days post trial. I have many spots and will be doing the same thing for pretty much my entire lip, both upper and lower when it gets to the holiday period. A rough week or two but most definitely worth it.

This forum has been terrific and I sincerely thank everyone for their participation. We just need to get the word out on to more forums and websites. Obviously discretion is needed when using TCA Peel 50% as it is a strong acid as well as a warning needs to be given before advising this method. But overall it is a terrific method for doing the job.

It really is. I still have some spots but they are hardly noticeable... I'll hit them eventually but for now I can live with them. This TCA method has literally changed my life.