Thanks for the info SS. Where did the Tazorac fit into the process and how many times did you apply?

-TK

Hello all. Was away for a while. I went to see the really expensive doc about my spots. He suggested electrodessication, but wanted to try Retin-A first. Honestly, the Retin A seemed to be working after a couple weeks. But I've since had to stop due to it making my lips entirely too dry and painful. My chappedness looks worse than the spots. I mentioned to him the Tazorac, and he was familiar but advised against long term use. For some it can lead to Exfoliative Cheilitis (by way of your lips being so dry all the time). Look that sh*t up. I'd rather have the spots than that. In fact I'm worried that the Retin-A has already started a cycle of chapped lips that won't heal. So now I've created an additional problem : (  Albeit my skin is sensitive, just be careful with this TCA/Tazorac over the duration of say years. Just my thoughts. I see this doc again in a few weeks. Going to talk to him about laser options. 

What will happen if we surgery the upper lips. Any experienced out there?
- not laser, plastic surgery kinds.

1-Any updates for fs on lips?
2-Tca+ tazorac looks best option for the moment. I am going to try that soon.
3-After I used ance pro fachwash from neotrogena it look so much noticeable. Any ideas how to make less noticeable during the day time.

How is everyone doing in their process? Right now I am working with the 50% TCA and am waiting for the scab to come off. Lets keep this thread going this especially hard to deal with when you are facing it alone.

Let us know how you go. How many days in are you into the healing process? Im going to do my top lip with the 50% very soon.
SNW

So far I tried using the 35% and did multiple applications the first and the second day and it didn't seem to do much except decrease the prominence a little bit, but thats probably because the skin is just a little red in general. I hit a small spot that is clustered with the 50% last friday and the scab is naturally seeming to fall off soon. I tried doing what SS. I am just testing this stuff out right now since I don't have my Tazorac yet. Hope this atleast makes the cluster less noticeable.

-TK btw

I did a small patch with the 50% it definitely reduced them. I only really hit it about 3 times. Im going to try SSs method on the whole top lip in a week or so when I have a bit of time for recovery.
SNW

Did you hit them in consecutive days or just 3 times in the day?

-TK

3 times in the one day.
SNW

SS here.

I can now see a spot or two that I had missed on the patch that I thought was clear but for the most part I think ive removed about 70% of my spots. Whether or not they come back Is still unknown but theae last 3 weeks or so have been so great compared to the 9 months or so after I found these stupid things. I quit the Tazorac.. Not recommending it because I dont want to ruin anyones process, but it was just making my lips peel so bad and now that my lips are starting to look healthy again I think its helping some. Its all about confidence too.. These things haven't ever been notoced by anyone, even before I removed the really bad clusters from my lip. Even my wife said she has never noticed them.. But I think thats because I've grown a pretty sick mustache to help hide them haha. I also stay away from mirrors. I don't look at my lip unless I'm at home at night and checking to see if any have returned, because if I go all day constantly looking at them then I get depressed and my anxiety kicks in. My whole process was basically built around me trying to figure out a way to hit the spots AFTER the skin was peeled off on the top. Thats why I hit it the day after or even two days after.. Just whenever that first scab comes off. Another note: I am fully confident that the right plastic surgeon or derm could laser these suckers off if they werent afraid to experiment and try different things. If we are burning them off with acid peels then there's no doubt in my mind that a laser could go deep enough to kill them... Without the surrounding areas being affected so badly also. But, keep trying y'all. I dont recommend doing the entire lip haha that's gonna be rough bro..

Hey guys, wanted to give an update on the 50%. So I had this cluster that was not large compared to my other areas, but it was really prominent I'm not sure why. Well I hit the area and the scab came off yesterday and there seems to be one spot in the cluster that seems to be left over, but its light and barely noticeable and the rest seem to be gone. I've tried using the 50% twice now and I feel like the key is how deep you hit it. The first time I only did one day of application and the results seemed to maybe get rid of some spots, but did not necessarily change drastically. I am hoping that the spots don't come back.

-TK

The is higher TCA %

75%
100%

Has anyone tried a higher one?

Nope. I don't plan on it either... The 50% seems to do the trick if you do it right and I would rather not have huge scars all over my lip. The 50% could possibly scar as well so everybody use caution and do it at your own risk. SS

Went with your advice SS in not doing the whole lip. Did the small area last night hasn't peeled yet to do it again but will as soon as it peels.
SNW