this is Spotsarenofun

I didn't use tazorac really, it made my lips peel too badly. Also as far as scarring, I've done I think 4 or 5 applications with the 50 and I have one spot that scared, but it's because I tore the scab off way too soon. It's only noticeable when I stretch my lip, but just be careful and start slow. I was terrified at first, but it's not nearly as bad as I thought

Ss

Hi all,
I've now done 5 treatments on my top lip and it's reduced them a lot. I do a few layer's on the whole top lip as I have found it gives me a few weeks of the spots not being noticeable at all but then as the skin heals completely you can see the remaining spots.
I'm hoping to do more treatments this year and reduce them further but I'm happy with the improvement so far. There's some good info on the Fordyce forum as well.
Thanks to everyone on here for all the information so far and all the best for 2019.
SNW

Thanks for sharing Snowy! How many layers do you do for 1 treatment? Also, I think I PM'd you on the Forcydeforum before.

Hi Spots arenofun,

Yeah you did message me lol.
I'm finding the more layers the more healing time.
If I do three layers it takes about 5 days till I'm comfortable to go out in public.
I'm going to start more treatments soon and may go a bit stronger or even wait for it to peel then hit them again straight away.
Feel free to email me if you wanna chat. I found this forum helped so much as I've had really bad anxiety the last few years.
SNW

Hey Snowy,

I'll pm you my email over on Forcydeforums (I actually don't know your email, I think there was an option to email you directly through the Forcyde forums without outing your email). Would be cool to have someone to chat about this, and I totally understand 100% where you're coming from - this c**p is sooo depressing, I'm losing sleeping over this :(.

Keep at it. They will go away once you find what works for you.

I tried different levels of each type of acid out there along with ever dermatogoly laser on the market. NOTHING worked until I did the 50% TCA.

Dont give up and let it get you down! As you have seen with others on here, this method seems to be the only permanent solution but you have to play around with it a little to see how your skin reacts and what effect it has on the spots.

I was depressed for years and lost out on many fun experiences all because I didn't want to leave the house. Once you find what works, it will be a life-changer!

The top part of the upper lip seems to be effective with the TCA, but the bottom part of my upper lips seems to not really work. I am hitting about 5 times the first day then the 2 days later I try and peel the skin and hit again 3 times (I haven't done the next day since I can't peel of the skin at that point). It kind of just scabs up, but then heals and comes back the same. I am considering going stronger with the TCA just for that area, but not sure how much to increase the percentage.

-TK

Did my first 50% TCA application. Holy F - the lips did turn white, that part scared the c**p out of me. It's been 10 hours, the skin turned into a darker color, no signs of peeling yet. Might hit it again after the peeling happens - if anyone has advice please do advise.

How's it going??? Dont peel it too early, let it so its thing.

Hey,

3 days into the TCA peel. Starting to scab up, no major peeling yet. I don't think I'll hit it again, I want to see how this turns out after it peels/heals. Noted on letting it run its course! I'll try my best to not pick at it. Thank you!

How is it going???

Today is the 8th day into the peel. The healing is a bit brutal, but after peeling some of it off, I no longer see the spots under the peeled area. Will report back when it fully heals. Also, I'll provide some additional insight into the protocol once it's all said and done.

About 3 weeks after my first TCA peel, the spots disappeared for a good week, but I notice 50% of them coming back. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't go deep enough. I hit the area 5x for one session only.

I think all the above give solutions would work differently on different people.