Hi, I am a great fan of green tea. I know that it is good for my health, so I drink it all of the time. It really helps me to stay focus and in shape. Since I have started drinking green tea I have noticed I have more energy and I feel great. There is only one thing that bothers me. Sometimes when I drink green tea late at night I have trouble going to sleep. Is it ok to drink green tea late at night?

Hi, green tea has many health benefits. It is filled with substances that are very powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants destroy free radicals that are products of metabolism and destroy our cells. Because of this, green tea is thought to reduce the effects of many illnesses. However, besides the antioxidants green tea also contains caffeine. Even though the concentration of caffeine in green tea is much lower than in coffee, it is still caffeine. This is the reason why you have trouble sleeping when you drink green tea late at night. So, stop drinking green tea late at night and the insomnia will go away.

daryn wrote:

yes it has caffene

Hi, I'm 14. Is it good to drink green tea at this age?. I drink it twice a day.

Short answer is No,

Long Answer: At your age you need nutritions and green tea may block helpful nutritions which are very useful for growth. Better drink green tea at morning with empty stomach for antioxidation however do not drink it during the day when you're having nutritions and growth process.

New Hope

Caffeinated green tea could maybe pose a piece of a problem when it comes to easy to sleep, but aside from that it should be great to drink before bed—beneficial actually. I denote, just look at it! Is that not soothing?