:cry: HI IM 31 FROM GLAGOW IV ALWAYS HAD IRREGULAR PERIODS AND SOMETIME NO PERIODS FOR 6-9 MONTHS. I HAVE SINCE FEB 09 HAD PRETTY NON STOP BLEEDING GOING FROM A LITE BLEED TO FLOODING WITH HUGE CLOTS. I FEEL MY GP IS NOT REALLY DOING MUCH AND DOESNT SEEM CONCEREND AND MY GYN DR JUST SENT ME FOR A SCAN IN 3 MONTHS TIME. MEAN TIME I FEEL LIKE PASSING OUT REGULARLY AND AM TOTALLY EXHAUSTED.

It's so great to find a site where people are having the same problem I am. I'm 38 and have had a regular 25 day cycle since I began my period when I was 11; until about four months ago when I missed my period. My first thought was that I was pregnant, but after four negative tests, my period began on the day it should have had I not missed one the month before. The next month I got it as usual and then last month I was twelve days late and then it started, but only lasted for three days and was very light. This month, it again started on time, but that was almost two weeks ago and I'm still having moderate to heavy bleeding with medium to large blood clots. My husband keeps telling me it's from being stressed, but this, in and of itself, is stressful. Fortunately, I have an appt. with my doctor in a couple of days, so I'm hoping this will be resolved before it drives me crazy with all the extra trips to the bathroom, pad changes and the constant worry of not knowing what is going on...... 8-|

im 22 and i bleed non-stop in two years i had a 3 month break of not bleeding. i went to no like 5 gynos and they alllllll couldnt tell me what was going on. i went to the hospital and everything. i always feel weak. my moods change all the time but i cant blame it on pms.... cuz seriously i dont know when my regular period srtarts or ends. the last doctor i went to did a dnc and put me on birth control orto tricyclincin lo and it seem to help for about 3 months. but i lost my insurance and couldnt keep taking them. now im back to square one. i bleed so heavy. blood clumps every time i laugh, sneeze, coulgh, or even just have to go to the bathroom. is it really normal that something can bleed sooo much and still be alive? oh and no im not anemic. go figure! kate22

:D

Um, from personal experience, I can tell you that if you're bleeding heavily, having large clots, and go through more than a sane amount of pads in a week ... GO TO YOUR DOCTOR. This can be a sign of many things, a lot of them not so wonderful. Get your blood checked to make sure you're not anemic.

If you've been to the doctor and you're bleeding WORSE after you take the meds or whatever he gave you ... CALL HIM. Get the meds changed. Get a second opinion. But don't sit there bleeding.

Seriously. Your body can only replenish so much blood at once.

I am 30 years old and i have recently found out that i have endometriosis. Since i was 13 i've been suffering from heavy prolonged periods with massive blood clots, to regulate it i was put on several different pills over the last 10 years. I attempted to come off the pill a number of times but the blood clots and cramps would be so severe that i had to go back on the pill as it was ruining my life. I married and decided to try start a family apart so decided to come off the pill. The last 13 months have been pure hell, the blood clots have returned and i'm also bleeding mid cycle and experiencing IBS and shooting pains down my leg. I've had to have a number of days off work when my periods are so severe and the fact that i can't seem to fall pregnant is really getting to me. I've been to the doctors had an ultra sound and was told there was nothing wrong with me and that once i had a baby it would ease except that i can't seem to get pregnant.

I was referred to see a gyaenechologist and had a laparoscopy and it turns out i have endometriosis and i've probably had this condition all along, i feel that at least progress is happening now but since the laparoscopy my periods are exactly the same and i was told i might need another operation to reduce the thickness of the wall but that it can cause infertility so i have some very important decisions to make. I can totally identify with anyone experiencing massive blood clots and painful periods, it's a bit of a taboo subject and because my friends don't have any problems in that area they think that i am over exaggerating. There really should be more support for women in our situations as there doesn't seem to be much out there.

I would love to be a mum one day, keep perceiving with the periods form hell in hope that one month it will happen but it's very hard especially when i have long periods lasting 7-8 days and to the point where i have to go home from work because i can't walk anywhere due to the size of the clots. if anyone has any recommendations or suggestions or even wants to share their problems and chat please reply Thanks, Maz

Hi all, I posted my own experience here:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/Long_lasting_menstrual_cycle___this_may_work_t240728.html
Hope it might help someone.
=)

Well I am not going to go into the details, because every insert here is exactly what I feel. The problem is, that there are not any answers from anyone whom can help any of us. At the bottom it asks if the articles were helpful and when you click on the "thumbs down" it just states "I am sorry this article was not useful to you". I thought that health web sites were suppose to provide some insight and information as to why were all in pain and what we might be able to do about it instead of just hearing from the physicians that there is nothing wrong. A little blood cotting is normal during your menstral, but passing larger blood clots with extreme pain is not normal. And getting dizzy and being tired all the time comes with losing more blood than you are suppose to, as stated above in one of the replies, your body can only replenish so much blood at a time. If anyone comes up with a helpful answer please let me know, as I have been puttng up with this situation for 34 years and it just keeps getting worse and more painful. Thank you. Aggravated in Georgia

i am 41 my periods use to be fine but now i have blood clotting they do not hurt every time i use the bath room sometimes they come out small are large i no when they are coming down it feels like i need to let gas relief but it sometimes be the clotting coming out i never had a problem with my menstal before i was on birth control and then i got off of them no problems on the pill even when i stop taking them my periods still was fine should i be worried i eat ice alot could i be anemic.

Almost all women facing menopause problem after the age of 35. to treat your problem eat dates in break fast

I had heavy bleeding and clots and cramping since I was 12.  It got better after having kids then got worse again.  After seeing MANY doctors with no suggested remedies except birth control pills and the nuvaring, I had an endometrial ablation almost 5 years ago and it was GREAT!!  I was about 45 then, and they found lots of polyps in my cervix, uterus and visible to the eye in the gyno exam.  Now the heavy bleeding, clots and cramping are coming back again as I approach 50.  (they did tell my it would probably last about 5 years)  I'm starting to call the doctors again to find someone who will take me seriously -- hormones do not agree with me at all!  I don't really want a hysterectomy but I want my life back again!  It sucks to have days dissappear because you are in pain and  have to be 2 feet away from a bathroom!

I have endometriosis you should check to see if you have it.

I'm 20 years old (almost 21) and since I was like 13 years old I have had problems with my period. After loads of tests I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I was on meds until eventually at 16 I had radioiodine treatment. The risk with this was that within 4 months I developed hypothyroidism and now have to take levothyroxine for the rest of my life. My periods had been ok for most of the time whilst taking my meds but for the last 8 months I have had instances of prolonged bleeding, at the moment lasting 6 weeks and have started clotting. The thing is, it isn't painful and I'm not bleeding heavily all of the time, mostly it's quite light bleeding except when I clot. I've had quite a lot of bad experience with the doctors and if I'm completely honest I'm terrified of going to see them again. My last thyroid check came back normal too. Having hypothyroidism my metabolism is not so great and I am overweight although I do have a balanced healthy diet so I'm not sure if this can affect things. This is really ruining my life. I'm at Uni and the stress of that is already enough to make any sane person slightly crazy but I can't focus on my studies because I'm so worried and its affecting my 5 year relationship - he is so supportive but we obviously have to compromise on the intimate side of things. I feel like I have no-one to talk to about it and it's getting me really down and have been crying at the littlest things recently. (This is making me sound so pathetic - I'm not usually like this I'm just desperate!). I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or suffered from hypothyroidism and had the same problem. Thanks.

Hi there, I'm going through almost the exact thing right now :-( Like you, I am 25, very healthy and active, but this has never happened to me before (my periods are typically light and not painful).  I started my period on time (three weeks ago), but it hasn't ended.  I kept on bleeding, but not as heavily as today.  Last night I soaked my pad and woke up to a small pool of blood :-( I have been changing my pad every 2 hours now.  I thought it if I ignored it, it would just go away, but it's getting worse and I am so fatigued now.  I am so scared this might be something serious, so I am going to see a doctor tomorrow. 

Hope you are well now!  Hope everything turns out well for me, too

Ik exactly how all of you feel. I'm a healthy 32 yr old with only one child. My cycle has always been irregular, even my first period was almost three weeks long. I would usually get 2-3 periods a year, never lasting more than 3 days. It never occurred to me that having an irregular period would catch up to me later in life. My problem started back in March of this year. The extreme heavy bleeding, the huge blood clots not to mention the pain! I would go thru 9-12 super tampons a day. I'd even have to use the overnight pads at the same time. When I went to my OB/GYN, he told me that I'd have to have an standard ultrasound and an internal one performed. I was so embarrassed because I bled on everything. The ultrasounds revealed nothing was wrong with my uterus at all. No tumors, fibroids, cysts or endometriosis. Nothing is apparently wrong with my uterus except I have a super heavy period. So the doc gave me Provera to take. It worked for about a week. I had to go back to the doc and he put me on a low-dose birth control. It has slowed the flow down a bit but it hasnt stopped the bleeding at all. I still cant believe that this is my life now. I'm so miserable and fatigued. It's affecting my marriage!!! I want my life back! Ik ppl who have had a DNC done and that doesnt even work. This is the next step for me. But the doc says I'm too young for this. I have to wait for 3 years to have this done. But my husband has brought up a good question. How can we have more children, if I'm still bleeding? How? I wanted more babies more than anything. But now, I just want the bleeding to stop. From March of this year till present day, I have NOT STOPPED BLEEDING. I have been bleeding for 8 months now. I'm about to tell my doc to take my uterus out. I want my life back!!!! Idk what else to do??? Oh I almost forgot, due to my bleeding problem, I just found out I have high blood pressure... And I'm anemic too.