Hey ladies, im 24 and up until last year i was having terrible periods. I would have a continuous one for 6-8 months then go without for 4 months. And while i was having my period i was having half dollar size clots and was losing lots of blood. Last year i actually went to the hospital because i was sick and dizzy and filling a pad and a tampon roughly every five minutes, so i thought i was hemmoraging. When i got there i was severely anemic, so everyone watch out for that. As well, i was diagnosed with endometriosis and poly cystic ovarian syndrom. Both will cause massive bleeding and clots, longer and more painful periods. So go to your doc and have them test you too! It will make like SOOOOOOO much easier, i promise.

Go to your OB/GYN and ask about alternatives to hysterectomy that will correct the problem of heavy menstrual bleeding with clots. There are procedures where they go in and destroy the uterine lining and you no longer have the agonizing period of your past. Try googling one or two of these procedures "Novasure" and "Her Choice" which are some of the options. I am not saying this is RIGHT for you. Your doctor would have to do all the tests to make sure there is nothing else causing your problem, but if it is just the extreme menstrual bleeding, you may not have to go through an unwanted hysterectomy.

When you have PCOS, it is nearly impossible to loose weight. My fertility doctor did a fasting insulin level test. The glucose level is always fine, but your body has to dump tons of insulin in to be able to digest your food. Most likely, your fasting insulin level will still be within "normal" range for insulin, however, if you've been fasting, your level should be 0-2, not 10. 10 would be normal if you'd just gorged on Thanksgiving dinner. They put me on metformin, which is normally used for diabetic patients. The metformin helps my body to process the food without all the extra insulin. After being on this, I was able to loose some weight and my periods are much more regular now. Also helpful is something like the Mediterranean diet, where you eat whole grains, fruit and veggies, healthier fats and oils. White starch is extremely hard for your body to digest when you have PCOS/insulin problems.

Im 20 yrs old. my period has alwasy been okay pretty regular. been on birth control twice. my periods always went back to normal though. I wood b on it 3-5 days. sometimes heavy others pretty normal. this month is probably the most weirdest. i got my period on the 7 and it only lasted that day. i wood b off it for two days.then get bad cramping and start again. it wood last 1whole day and mayb the morning of the 2nd. evr since that was it. now im just waking up once or twice a week straight gushing blood........it came to the point where im gettn up and just peeing blood.not long or n actual piss just short.its just soo much blood. i dnt know what this means or if its bad................

I'm 12 and I'm having little clots, though one has been really big I'm quite scared -.- and after a long time of sitting down, and I stand up I feel a lot of blood coming out. It's unconfortable. This is also the second time I've had my period in 1 month. I had my last period 2 weeks ago. Now it's back. :( Whats happening to me?

we have the exact same issue ,i am wooorrrried nd i dn't know what to do

The same thing happened to me when i was 16, except the long periods and blood clots didn't start until i started the pill. I went to the doctor for and

I'm in the same boat as all of you. As i type this Im sitting on 2 folded up towels *just in case* so i dont stain my white couch. Ive spent a fortune on super plus tampons and overnight pads for the daytime! Im going in to my second month :-( one thing im trying now that seems to be working and kind of helpful is this thing called The Diva Cup. its a silicone cup-like insert thing. You put it in and instead of absorbing, it collects the blood(clots too!). I still always wear a pad with it-just in case, but its nice because Im not experiencing the gushing that so many of us have been dealing with daily. I dont trust it completely yet but its wayyy more comfortable than a giant tampon that lasts 5 min and wayyy less messy than having a whole load of laundry each week for that regular accident. I hope this helps all of you!

Hi I'm 13 years old, I just turned 13 like... 2 days ago. My periods are not regular AT ALL. So I started last year when I was 12 in September, the first night was pretty bad, then the rest of the week was nothing really, it was mostly just brown? Well then I didn't have one till this February and it was well I am unsure if it was heavy or normal. It was just coming out and there were like dark red/ black clumps? Are those clots? Are they normal? Well then I didn't start again until this Sunday when I got home from a party. It was really light... And it also was on Monday.. Do these count as the days of my period? Well Tuesday.... On my birthday, Mother Nature was like HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And now it's like it was back in February and yesterday it was bad too... And I do ballet and don't know how to use a tampon so I just wore a pad and it felt so gross and you can feel it coming out... And it went trough my pad and on to my tights and I didn't realize till I was in the car on the way home.... :( and so I changed it when I got home and washed my Leo underwear and tights. And today I stood up when after I woke up, to go to the restroom, I stood up, and it was like a ocean. I ran to the restroom. There were the dark red/ black clumps...

I hope this ends by Saturday because I am having my birthday party :(

Any help? Is this normal?

Obviously I'm a female. I started my period last year, I was 11, and I think I have a serious problem. My period is getting worse and worse, and now I have my period for 8-10 days at a time every 15-17 days. I wear a pad, and it would still gush, I've resuleted in putting toilet paper in my underwear, but it even goes through that. It's really awkward during gym, because I'm in 7th grade and my gym teacher is a boy, so it's not like I can tell him that my periods are really bad. Alot of my friends haven't started theirs yet, but those who have, say it's not that bad. Do I have a problem, cause I'm almost 100% sure I do. Could a deformation in my aortic valve (heart) backwashing be effecting this? My pulminary valve is too small and deformed, and my aortic valve is deformed and back washes. I have not mentioned this to my parents, it's awkward because, my family isn't very close. I started my period during a school event, and I almost died of embarrassment! Good thing it was barely anything the first time. Can anyone tell me what I have wrong with me?

I have the exact same thing, I'm 'Suffering'. (username) Read my post.

Hello,I am 20 and suffer from the same thing. A trip to the obgyn will help out Because they will be able to tell you if medication can fix the problem or if its something Seriously like pcos. I hope everything goes well however.

Hi my name is wyneka and I have had this pain pain in my right side in my stomach for about 3 days, the pain went away but now I'm starting to bleed Heavy and their or really big blood clots as well what do u think it could be

hi i am also a 23 year old female, i'm just wondering if u actually found out what the problem was? i have been suffering with the same systems you have been having for about 1 and a half year now. i have been to the doctors but i don't seem to be getting any answers.

My 17 year old daughter (turning 18 in May) has been suffering from prolonged and heavy bleeding for almost a year now. Should I be worried?