This topic is closed due to having too many posts.

Please continue posting within the following one:

Home Remedies For Opiate Withdrawals

My son has delt with opiate addiction. OC's which led inevitebly to Herione. He has been through various types of treatments such as detox alone, which very rarely works as well as detox followed by long term in-patient treatment. Only to find himself back on the drug. Usually within days. It's tragic. He wants so badly to be clean but to no avail. He receintly found an opiate blocker called Suboxone. It has helped him live a normal functioning life. No cravings, he actually has money in the bank because he is not drug seeking. It is an opiate blocker and curbs cravings and is easier to withdraw from if weened properly. If you do not want to go this route, talk to your doctor. There are options that may not be as pleasant, clonidine is a blood pressure medication that has proven to help with irritablity and depression and is not habit forming. There are other posts above as well that give instruction on OTC meds that can help.

don't despair...hang in there and PLEASE don't give up. Give yourself another chance at life. Expect 2-3 weeks before you feel better.

i found the Thomas Recipe to work pretty good when dealing with the withdrawal symptoms,but no matter what it is going to be very tough, but nothing you can't do at home following the recipe to a tee and making yourself ecercise a little bit. L-Tyrosine and B6 work much like a energy drink to pick you up and give you mental and physical energy as well. The Recipe explains all of that. i am on day 2 and feeling prety rough but a lot better than cold turkey with the Thomas Recipe. And i chose Klonipin for the benzo and you only use it 4 days and stop,plus i have ambien so i do get some sleep, no more than 1 hour at a time , maybe twice a day for the first 3 to 4 days, with the recipe i take power naps,20 to 30 minutes 3 to 4 times a day for the first 3 to 4 days. try it , it does work and eases the hell of the beast, after 4 days you use the B6 and L-Tyrosine and excersise and you will be mentally and physically better as the days go on. But from myt experience,2nd time, you can never use a narcotic pain medication again for life, you body will remember the opiate ,AND YOUR ADDDICTION WILL START WRITE WHERE IT LEFT OFFF AGAIN!! NO IF OR ANDS ABOUT IT!!!!! It happened to me this time with 1 script of 120 percocet for a brken tailbone and as soon as they were gone i was sick with W/D symptoms hours later..... good luck and god bless as i am fighting this battle for the last time and determined, with the THOMAS Recipe , to walk away from the beast, as i call it, and never look back.............................

I had been on hydrocodone, Norco 10mg vicoden for about a year. It definitely matters how long you've been on it. I was up to 80 mg./day. Many factors impact withdrawal. Diet and vitamins are one. Definitely eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible. Take a good multi-vitamin. Omega 3-6-9 fish oil. Also, L-tyrosine and Vitamin B6 help with fatigue. Twice a day and B6 needs to be taken with L-Tyrosine. All vitamins, minerals and amino acids must not be overdone. If you can afford all I list take about half as directed as not to overload your system. Lots of water helps clean system. Constipation is definitely a problem, you must defecate to clean out!!. Probiotic supplements, triphala, aloe vera (ingestable at health food stores), metamucil and senna help. 3 tablespoons of mineral oil if still having problems and if still having problems, be very careful but a bottle of magnesium citrate (Over the counter) will work for sure but is very, very strong and use only if I hadn't gone #2 in more than 4 days. Follow with aloe-vera and a very healthy diet!! Milk Thistle helps clean liver of all the acetominophen in the Vicoden. Also, N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) counteracts the acetominophen and is used in hospitals for acetominophen overdose. Be careful again, if using all these supplements. NAC 500mg every other day and lots of water. Sleep is an issue. I have a number of meditation CD's. A good one is Russel Schofields, "Introduction to Actualism". Tel. 714-429-9027 or actualism dot org. For sleeping melatonin, 5-HTP, GABA or tryptophan. "Power to Sleep P.M." is a good combination and like a lot of this stuff can be obtained at a health food store. BE CAREFUL as you can overdose on these too. I remember to be grateful for a few hours of sleep, if coming off high doses of hydrocodone or any opiate it won't give you a solid 6 or 8 hrs. sleep but will help as a positive attitude. A positive attitude literally helps brain chemistry. Stay away from the news and negativity. Comedy programs are best! I had to be grateful for 3 or 4 hrs. sleep. No sleep at all I can go into a complete sleep depravation syndrome and that causes anxiety and confusion even more. Prayer and meditation is the best. Honestly AA and or NA is essential. I would go and continue to go as much as possible, even 2 meetings a day, be honest and share. If too scared openly in a meeting grab someone after the meeting and let it all out. This is huge. I am not a Doctor!! So don't hesitate. Counselors can help talk it out too. Email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
Helping others is another important aspect and I try to help anyone who struggles as someone with the same EXPERIENCE can help where someone armed solely with knowledge is ok but not as good as someone who has actually been through it. God bless you all!

I was addicted to heroin and then methadone and got off of it with no withdrawal at all after much research and trial and error. I found the cure for withdrawal at ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Take Potassium for restless legs, and also a mineral supplement with Calcium and Magnesium and Zinc can be taken 2 or 3 times a day during the detox period. I know it's hard. Hang in there and focus on all the things that you want to get back in your life. I'm positive they are worth quitting for. And once you have detoxed, don't look back. It may mean cutting out old friends, but if they are your true friends, they will understand, and it dosn't need to be permanent, just until you have gained enough self control. I know you can do it! Good Luck

I am about to run out of oxy 40s..i cant sleep tonight knowing whats coming..i have been tempted to find h but i wouldnt even know where to look and i am a full time college student,mother,wife.how the hell did i get here..!!! i need surgery for sure on my neck my conservative surgeon said i am leaking spinal fluid into my canal..was in abusive relationship for years and the hair pulling wrenched my neck and finally the damage has taken its toll..i detoxed before but the physical pain pails to the nervous break down i get..i am ashamed and i feel dirty and even though i feel all these things i am so scared that im willing to turn to something more dangerous becaise i cant afford to buy my 40s off the street at 15 dollars which brings me 4 hours of relief...i feel disgusted in myself and i have to hide it from my kids..i am normal throughout the day carrying on as a fully functioning addict till the bottle gets empty then the ex takes them for his visits while i scurry around taking my hard earned money finding replacement..i never thought in a million years anything could own me like this..is there anything anything at all that will take away the anxiety and muscle (jimmy leg syndrom)even xanax didnt dent the panic in full blown detox..i need prayer..and some good advice...

anonymous wrote:

MAN IT IS SO WEIRD TO SEE THAT I AM NOT ALONE!!! I AM SITTING HERE..ITS 4 AM AND I CANT SLEEP CUZ MY LEGS HURT FROM WITHDRAWEL FROM HYDROCODONE! I THINK THAT THE ONLY THING THATS GONNA WORK FOR ME IS COLD TURKEY...JUST GIVE IT UP AND STOP LETTING IT RULE MY LIFE...END OF STORY

Quote:

I feel you here its been 2 days for me and im so ready to be done cuz the sh*t breaks me but i cant cus i go through wd and always figure out a way to feel better cause i cant handle feelin bad and i have a child that keeps me busy so it not like i can just take sleep aid and try to wd while out of it!!! so i feel for all ya all and i hope you all succeed!!!

Hey I don't know if u r gonna get this but if u do please let me know. I have a question? Please lmk!!!