Good day everyone. So my friend is having some heart issues but it is nothing serious, if I can believe her. She told me so. I know that heart diseases are not something that you can play with and joke with, but she is really scary person so I think that I am going to trust her about this. She told me today that she have just applied for a blue badge and that this was an advice from her doctor.

I need to tell you that I don’t have a clue what the blue badge is, I mean I think that I know approximately but I am not sure. Can you tell me what is the blue badge and how do you get a blue badge?

I'm guessing it must be the equivalent of a "handicap" sticker in the US. That means I'm assuming you are NOT in the US and you know what they say about ASSUME.

When displayed in your car you can use handicapped parking spaces and is issued by the state with your doctor's referral.

Hey there noynlife.
You are totally right, I am not from USA but she is. She asked me do I know how she can get it but I don’t know. I really don’t have a clue.
That is why I asked this question here, I was sure that this is something like that, but I was not sure. Is this means that people who don’t live in USA cannot get this blue badge?
Anyway, what would happen if I live in the USA, how can I apply for this blue badge? What do I need to do? I assume that I need to give them my medical record, right?

Hey guys,

You got this all wrong, MakeMeCoffee. "Handicap" is what they use in the US. Now, the Blue Badge is the same as "Handicap", but for Europe. The Blue Badge is recognized in all of the European countries and it allows you to make use of the same parking concessions allowed for the country's own citizens with disability.

For obtaining the Blue Badge, you need to apply for it, and the best way to do this is to do it online. There is a number of conditions which allow you to apply for this badge. Your friend needs to go through these things and see if she is eligible for the badge.

Ouuu, so there we are. Thank you so much, now I am getting this clear. Totally. Thank you Alan. I am not familiar with those things and I didn’t know how this works exactly. Thank you. I see that this works very simple, and now I get it but her explanation seemed so weird to me. The reason why I asked you all this is because she told me that this has only in USA and that she doesn’t need to explain to me what this is exactly. Now, I see that she doesn’t know nothing about blue badge and that this is the reason why she told me so. Thank you very much :)

You can apply for blue badge everywhere, no matter where you live, are you in the USA, England, Scotland, etc. So, you can apply all you need to do is to have all those conditions that you need to get one. The blue badge is an important service for people with severe mobility problems that enables badge holders to park close to where they need to go. So, if you think that you can get blue badge to the website of your country and get their request. It is not that hard. You can do it while you are drinking your morning coffee.

Hey there.

So I have new information for you. I talked with my friend today. I tried to explain her what I found out, but she told me that she already knows everything.

I asked her for advice, for some information, but she refuses to tell me more about it. She also told me that I need to pay some money to get this blue badge.

Now, I don’t know is this true because I was thinking that this is for free?

I know that I am boring a little bit with all those questions, but you need to understand that I am curious about it :)

Thank you.

Hey there,

I don't think that you have to pay in order to get a blue badge. A friend of mine got this badge a few years ago and he didn't have to pay anything, I don't know if this had changed in the meantime, but it shouldn't have. 

What they wrote above is correct, you can apply for a blue badge via internet, on their official webpage. You just need to send them the documentation required and that's it. 

I know that some people think that a parking space near the store or similar doesn't mean much, but for people with some sort of a handicap, it does, and a lot!

Hey everyone,

Yes, you do have to pay for a blue badge but not a lot. I know that in the UK it costs about 10 pounds if you meet the criteria for having a blue badge. 

Like they have already told you, you can find a place online for applying for a blue badge. I think that they have a different webpage for each country, although I'm not sure. It isn't complicated at all, you just need to fill in some information about yourself, send them a few documents regarding your condition because of which you are applying for the badge and that should do it.

Hey everyone,

I believe you are right, Adria, it's around 10 pounds, euros or dollars, regarding the country that you live in.

Like you guys already wrote, there is a website on which you can apply for a blue badge. I don't think that there is more than one website: I believe that there is just one official website, and it's the UK's website. They are charging 10 pounds if you meet the criteria for having a blue badge, and if you are outside of the UK and you are using a different currency, then the price is converted first to your own currency.

Hi everyone,

I was ready to help you with info about obtaining a blue badge MakeMeCoffee, but it seems that the others already told you everything that you need to know about it.

I received my blue badge about a year ago. I wasn't sure about getting it but in the end I thought, why not. I applied for it on their official website. They were all very polite and helped me with everything I needed. I had to send them some documents which showed the type of handicap that I have and I had to pay something about 13 euros. 

It wasn't complicated at all and only took a few days time.