Hello, I have very short eyelashes! I don't know what to do with them. They are really the shortest eyelashes I've ever seen. Do you guys have any mascara tips for me?? I would really like to make my eyelashes look pretty, which means longer. I just don't know how to at all. Do you recommend any mascara in particular that would lengthen my lashes? I don't really know much about mascara. I have only used it a few times and that didn't work out like I wanted it to. :(     So do any of you recommend any tips, or mascara? I know there are different types and some are for lengthening the eyelashes but I still think mine are usually short so I am not sure if that would work for me at all. Last time I tried, I ended up with mascara in my eyes. :(

Well, not that I know an awful lot about mascara, but I was in a makeup store the other day, and I saw this mascara thing, with two brushes. One was white, which is the base, and then you add the black (or other color) on top. The first step lengthens the eyelashes and the second makes them visible. I don't remember what it was called and I don't if it really works, but it looked intriguing anyway. I think you might like to look into this. It might work for you and give you long eyelashes.

Very short eyelashes? How short? I'm not sure what to envision... is it normal or do you have some kind of short eyelash medical issue or something? (That'd be the first I'd hear about anything like that mind...) Anyways, there's loads of lengthening mascaras on the market but everyone uses those so your lashes would still look shorter than normal... Don't know how old you are I think you mentioned you were a teen elsewhere but there's also eyelash extensions. Not sure how good they'd be for you but it's something to think about for later anyways... In the meantime watch videos about applying mascara correctly. 

You will be looking at a lengthening mascara, of course. Revlon superlength is a good one that also happens to be affordable. Covergirl the supersizers mascara is another cheap one you could check out. Whatever mascara you end up choosing, make sure it is advertised as being lengthening. 

Got your mascara sorted out? Great! Now it's time for the next step! Apply powder to your eyelashes with a small brush. Go for loose powder, baby powder, anything really. This sticks to the mascara and adds even more length. Now apply another coat of mascara. 

Sounds weird and you have to be careful not to get the powder in your eyes, but trust me, it really works!

Eyelashes come in all shapes, sizes and colors. OK, not all, but you get the point. It's definitely normal to feel self consious about just about every part of your body when you're a teen, including eyelashes, as insignificant as they are, but IMO, the soon you can get "the way I look is beautiful" into your head, the better. Makeup is for enhanced self expression, not about turning yourself into a clone of everyone else you meet. (Which is not possible even if you wanted that.)

Having that out the way, go check out the blue lipstick and dotted eyeliner threads! :) 

I'm Asian and have the associated short and straight eyelashes. Finding a mascara is tough, but now with so many makeup blogs around, there is so much information out there that helps you find exactly what you need without trial and error. Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara has become a real favorite, which I saw recommended on some blog, and in the more drugstore category L'Oreal Telescopic is a good one. It's not as volumizing but it does lengthen the lashes really nicely.

Good luck!

I'm 14 years old, so yes I'm a teen. My eyelashes are very short. They're shorter then anyone's I have seen. I didn't know it could be a medical problem. What medical problems are there for short eyelashes? Anyway, I looked in a makeup shop, and I saw eyelash extenders. I decided to buy them since you told me about them, but I have not applied them yet. Watched some videos about how but I am a little scared. I watched some video about mascara, and I applied it, and it actually looked nice, it did make my eyelashes look longer. Thanks for your help!

I don't think it's a medical problem. I think everybody is different and you are at the age where that bothers you. As you keep on experimenting with different mascaras and techniques, and as you come to feel happy about your body, I am sure you will find all the answers.

I do NOT think you should be applying fake eyelashes at this age and ESPECIALLY not by yourself! The glue can get in your eyes and glue them shut or at least cause serious irritation. If you really want falsies, get them applied professionally for prom in a few years or something. Don't apply them yourself the first time you get them.

And don't forget to enjoy your natural body as well. You don't need plastic stuff to look good.