Hi there. It was my anniversary two months ago. I got this adorable puppy from my kids ( I don’t know which breed it is because I am not so into the dogs, and I am sure that my kids bought this puppy for themselves lol ). Anyway, today I was bathing him (my kids usually do this) and I was shocked when I saw that his ears are unbelievable dirty. I believe that my kids never cleaned his ears. I want to do it because it seems that they are very dirty and I am scared of some possible infection. Can you tell me what is the proper way to clean dog’s ears?

Hello. Here is one very simple cure. I believe that you might have all those ingredients at your home. It is homemade version and it is very effective. You need to mix tablespoon of vinegar and the same amount of rubbing alcohol together in one clean, middle sized bowl. Room temperature should be normal. This mixture is safe for your dog ears. But you should not use this mixture if you think that your dog has some infection. Of course, you can always find a lot of good dog ear cleaners on the market, but you should ask your vet to recommend you some of them.

Hey there everyone.

Dog Whisperer, when I was reading a little bit about this I found information that vinegar is not good for cleaning your dog’s ears. Now, maybe it is OK when you put just 3 percent of it :)

You wanna know how I am cleaning my dog’s ears? I take him to the vet.

I am still very scared when I need to clean his ears alone. I remember that I wanted to do this one day and I hurt his ears.

Since that day I am taking him to the vet. I think that I am not gentle enough to do this alone :)

Hi there. My vet used to clean my dog’s ears for the first couple of times because I was not sure how to do it alone. But now I am doing this alone.

It is true that someone does not recommend vinegar for it but if you use just 3 percent of it, it won’t harm your dog.

Of course, there are other ways to cure it. I prefer those who are very simple.

Whenever the ear of your dog looks dirty you can clean it with cotton balls. It is very important to know that the skin there is very delicate.

Hi there.

Well I am cleaning ears of all my dogs alone :) It was very easy because I have found tutorial on the internet and I did it according to those tutorials.

But when I want to use something quick and effective I use Otomax. You can get it from your vet. It is actually a vet – recommended choice for treating a dog’s ear infection and to clean dog ears.

It has three amazing antibiotics. It is effective combination of steroids, antibacterial and antifungal ointment.

I really do like it because it is not expensive and it is very, very effective.

Hey there.

I am cleaning my dog’s ears alone as well :) I am preparing this mixture to my dog. You need to mix 4 ounces of rubbing alcohol, two tablespoons of boric acid and one tablespoon of glycerin. When you mix it shake it well. Remember that cleaning your dog’s ears is not that glamorous, actually it is not glamorous at all lol :)

But this is something that you need to do to prevent infections.

Put a generous amount of cleaner in each ear and massage the base of the ears for at least thirty seconds.  

Good luck with it :)

Hey there.

This is not complicated procedure. I would suggest every pet owner to clean his dog’s ears because it is necessary, just like we are cleaning our ears.

There are various types of ear cleaners but the most important thing is to use only good and quality dog ear cleaner. Never, but never put olive oil, shampoo or any other substance in your dog’s ear. I am against vinegar as well.

You should always avoid poking around with cotton buds in the ear. You can just cause potential damage to the ear drum.

Clean your dog's ears to prevent this but clean it right.