I also am living with an alcoholic an he admits it.He falls down in the yard as well.Likes to put me down an yell til he passes out.Would leave but no where to go as i own the place an lost my job so im stuck.

There is a possibility he is suffering from Bipolar Disorder. Or a mental illness. .people tend to resort to alchohol to feel good about themselves.

ALL I CAN SAY IS I'M SORRY THAT YOUR HAVING TO GO THOUR THAT I KNOW ALL THAT I CAN DO FOR YOU IS PRAY FOR YOU AND ASK GOD TO HELP YOU ... And as GOD to get on hem but good.... From Miss SAM

I am in the same exact position as you... Almost everything you said is what I am dealing with. My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 1/2 years. He moved in, early in our relationship. After about a month, he started going out on the weekends, and would often binge drink for two to three days straight, and not come home at night. After a few months, I told him I couldn't do this anymore, and told him that he didn't respect me or our relationship when he went out all night/all weekend. He then started coming home around three or four in the morning. He would walk in the door, and wake me up, and want to have sex. If I didn't give him what he wanted, he would start a fight and then leave. He would come back around 8 or 9 am with a female "friend". I grew up with his friend and know that she is also an alcoholic. She is 15 years younger than him but they both insist they are just friends. They "drive around, talk and drink" all night. However, he came home on two separate occasions completely naked.

About a year-and-a-half into our relationship, I had my 40th birthday. He wanted to take me out for a few drinks with a few friends. I should have known not to go out, but I went anyways. About two hours into our evening, he tried to choke me out, outside the doors of the bar. His friend stopped him, and I ran. Shortly thereafter, he (and our friends) drove home (about 45 minutes to an hour away from our home). I was left in the small town and ended up walking about 5 hours, to get home, before someone stopped and gave me a ride. After he sobered up, he told me that it was my fault. I should have known to leave him at that time.

Since that incident, he has told me several times, "I could end your life right now." He has pointed a gun at me, and always belittles me when he is drunk. He has threatened to burn down my house and all of the outbuildings if I make him leave.

I have continued to stay, because when he is sober, he is the nicest person. I know it's not a good reason to stay.

Since he has lived with me, I have paid all of the bills, including his cell phone and his automobile insurance, on 2 of his vehicles. He has paid me rent once, in the amount of $300.

Two months ago, I told him I was done. I was at peace with my decision and was going to "stand my ground, no matter what happened." He got mad, left and then called me a short time later indicating that he was going to commit suicide. After he said that, he asked if we could try to work things out, if he went to AA or got some help. Because I was afraid he might follow through with his threat, I told him we could try, but I couldn't continue to keep getting hurt.

He did stop drinking. He went to AA Meetings, and appeared to be on the right path.

About 8 hours ago, he left with his cousin to help him cut some firewood. About 6 hours ago, I went down to our local grocery store and was informed that he went in and got a few 18 packs. 8 hours later, I am sitting here writing this. Trying to convince myself that I need to cut all ties with him. I'm not going to be able to heal until all toxins are removed from my life. I pray that I can do this, without anybody getting hurt.

I been with my boyfriend for 4 years and as I just read your post it's sounds just like mine .... I'm so miserable I've never been with anyone who has a problem with alcohol and it has really got me down I don't know what to do anymore . I really been doing a lot of thinking and I think I'm gonna let him go and move on with my life . He doesn't help me with any of the bills or anything . We
Have a daughter together and he don't even supply for her . I'm in a very depressed stage right now and I just don't know what to do except leave him alone please help me !! Tina