I have taken everything you have described plus much more at a time. You asked if the hydro will help with withdrawl from the other. The answer is YES YES YES. When I decided to stop taking everything so I could have a normal life this is what I did...
I stopped taking the perc first because it has the stronger meds... kept taking hydro but in much much smaller doses. The opiate in the hydro with ease the withdrals from it all. Break them in half and begin half dosing yourself. lowering the dose each day to half of what you have been taking. You will notice some chills and maybe even a little running stools. Be sure to eat something and it will stop that effect. Although you will pass the food very easily, it will not be only yellow bile. Also, take an anti acid or acid reducer on a regular basis. (you may have to take more than the bottle says to stay comfortable. If you have them, begin taking tramodols or Ultrims. This also has opiates in them and will reduce you from hydro down to another lower level. Its like taking half of a half of a half of hydro.. so what you will be doing is weening even lower to reduce the discomfort. If you cant get them then get yourself over the counter cold medicine. (the kind you that has suedoephidrine) will cost you a bit more but worth it. I also get the mucus reducer because it will help with breathing also. You will feel just like you have the flu. But with slowing the meds with these things, it will help with the discomfort. I am not a Dr. but after stopping and starting many times I feel I have become quite an expert.. :-) Good luck and youve made a great choice.

becuase there was less tylenol in them then hydros ,but i still abused them.. When I had my son I had C.P.S. take him away, since then I have recovered and have my child but the point is you can go through the pain of withdrawl and believe me it would be far better than the paain of having yous child taken from you.. I understand that that might be a slim possibility but it is. Please try to wheen yourself off slowly you are going to be extremly uncomfortable for the first 1 to2 weeks but it will get better, and pray to whomever you believe in every minute if you have to. Find someone you love dont be afraid to tell them you need them to stay with you and just be there for you.

My doctor gave me pills for hot flashes and nausea. Can't remember what they're called but they regulate body temperature so u dont get the hot and cold sweats/chills and it helps with the vomiting. I'm sure ur doctor would know what i'm talking about if u asked him for some of those pills to help. Hope that helps some. Good luck.

Hello I've been on loratabs for 3 years. It all started as my knee got dislocated, I started going to pain managment and they started the scripts. The doc started me out on 4 a day, 1 year later I've been going to pain managment for the knee as well as 3 different car accidents, I get dropped from that docs office due to it being "pain managment". So now I find a loose doc that picks me up and now increases me to 6 tab 10s a day. Now it's been 3 years since I first started the pain killers, I had a son 2 years ago and I feel like I missed so much of his life. I've been there just always taken pills to get through another day, I guess i'm a Mr. Mom as I haven't worked because I was always in so much "pain". A few months ago I realized that my own son that loves me so much, is always so happy and is so damn smart dosen't even know his "real" daddy. those pills had me and I didn't even know it. I tried to clean up over the past few months but kept falling right back into them because of the pain. My mood would change in the blink of an eye even while I was on them.

It's been 7 days now.
I still have back pain but it's managable, my knee still hurts but it's also managable. My mood is a lot better now, I have more energy now and everything looks different, in a good way. My only fear is that this is because i feel good about becoming clean and in a month year or whenever that feel good is gonna go away. All I can do though is make it a mission to stay clean and keep going for my son and Gods work.

TRAMADOL IS HIGHLY HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. HAS HORRIBLE SIDE EFFECTS AND IS QUITE DANGEROUS. With that being said, it DOES help with withdrawing because it tricks your brain into thinking it's on opiates. It releases the same chemicals in your brain as opiates, it's just not an actual opiate. Just to clarify, TRAMADOL IS NOT A SAFE DRUG TO WITHDRAW WITH. :)

Today makes 8 days since I last used, the last few days have been good. I don't have such a short fuse, my energy level has increased and the want is completly gone. I have a bulging disc in my low back and sometimes the pains is a lot to deal with. I've wanted to take a pain killer once or twice but then I think about how bad that same pain is while on them, that usally takes care of the want. My son notices my new less disturbed personality and he's only 22 months, LOL.

Good luck for who ever needs it, quiting is a up hill battle but it's the best and most rewarding thing you can do for yourself and the people around you. UntIl next time.

You might wanna rethink that about the tramadol. As a matter of fact i thought the same thing about those things and sure enough they are about as bad as withdrawal as any other opiate if not worse! Seriously I found myself out of breathe really hot and cold flashes and no sleep whatsoever and kicking around in my bed like i wanted to rip my legs off!!!! So becareful with those tramadol they can get ya at the end. I would not lie about that.

If you are going through withdraws from short term use like I am (have been on them for a month for medical reasons) I was over the withdraw in two days. What worked for me was two redbulls twice a day and Advill. Worked like a charm XD

I suffered from heroin addiction for 5 years and from personal experience self detoxing was really to much for me to handle personally. I got about 10 days clean and then relapsed. What finally worked for me was going through a medical detox to taper down so that the withdrawal symptoms weren't as painful, following that I checked into a rehab and have been clean for 2 years now. A good medical detox to check out is Novus which is located in Florida. Their website is ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed it has a lot of information on both drugs as well as their withdrawal effects.

hi i am writeing from bc canada i am in day 3 of opiate withdrawl takeing every thing from oxys to morphine to perks and methadone for the past 5 years ive hidden the addiction from everyone even my wife and yes i am not proud of that i have the ibus i take about 5-6 hot baths a day but the depression is so intense i am doing this cold turkey i am starting to think i will never feel normal again the really scary thing is there is a guy that lives 25 feet away that sells 40s of oxys for 8 bucks and he loves pushing it on me cause he doesnt want to be the only one addicted but now i am strong i hate this hate controlling my life cause thats all it days all day every day o ya i smoke alot of pot witch helps as well well thanks i need to talk about this wish me luck i am not out of the woods yet i have to take it one day at a time good luck friends:)

i really need to talk to someone who has went thru the withdrawls of methadone..

I want to say that for the last two weeks I've found myself at soooooome forum on this website. Sixteen days ago I started withdrawing from morphine after almost a year (three years prior on vic/percs). It was prescribed to me, as well as the vicodin and percocet I was taking for breakthrough pain, however, like every single person who's body's been addicted to narcotics, I could always take an extra one....I would like to say that I don't feel 'better' on them, but that's not the case. Sadly, narcotics were a saving grace to me for a couple of years---not to my mind and insides, though. Insurance won't cover pain meds anymore unless you're dying of cancer or have end stage renal disease and since I just fall into the 'had a spinal fusion in my upper neck and bulging lower discs' group, I don't even get the choice to pay for them myself....just done! It's ok, though, and I'm actually kind of happy it happened because now insurance will pay for the acupuncture I wanted before all the pills. So here's the deal...my doctor felt bad, stepped me off the morphine to just percocet for a three week ween. If you've noticed, everyone speaks in 'days' (I'm on day 3...it's day 7...etc) when talking about withdrawing? Well, that's because every single second of every single day is accounted for in your head---when you can't sleep, sit still, lay day, eat, drink or just FUNCTION NORMALLY, all you can do is think...in my case, think and pray, think and pray...you get the idea. I actually thought I was going to do fairly well with all of the meds and support I was getting from my doctor and even though I wasn't eating or sleeping, I was able to force myself to do household chores and whatnot to keep myself busy and that's always a plus when withdrawing. Day four hit and I started vomiting, couldn't hold a sip of water down, diarrhea (everytime in withdrawals), no sleep STILL, no food in my body (getting pretty depleated at this point and I'm not a big girl, either), crampy/achy tummy and heart pounding through my chest to the point I felt like I couldn't breathe at times. I have never been so sick in all of my life!! I am lucky enough to have a mother who brought me and my two children in so that she could take care of us or there is no way I could have been a mother and gone through all of this...absolutely no way! If you have someone to devote some time and care to your needs, don't be too ashamed to accept it because the comfort alone is necessary to your recovery. The first night I actually got about 2 hours of sleep (you will wake up in a pool of sweat for a while when you sleep...it's how I knew I'd even slept, the bed and my body being wet), I took two Benedryl at about 8pm....about 4 hours later, I took two more and nodded in and out. The next night I did the same thing...got a couple more hours of sleep. And here are the meds my doctor prescribed for the withdrawal symptoms: Clonidine (a blood pressure med to help with heart pounding and anxiety), Loperimide (prescription Immodium caplets), Dicyclomine (for abdominal cramping), Promethazene (anti-nausea) and I have a medical marijuana card so no sleeping pills (maybe if I'd asked for them, but I think there are many other ways to combat the insomia than to get addicted to something else). Smoking pot or finding a way to ingest it if you don't want to smoke (CANNABIS TINCTURE!!!!) can take the edge off of most of the symptoms. I've actually found that ingesting and getting the 'body high' instead of smoking and just getting 'stoned' is most beneficial. Oh, and I don't take muscle relaxers and don't need to because of the marijuana, too...just a little fyi :-)...Anyway, another huge key ingredient to getting all of this out of your body once you can keep something down is one cup of straight cranberry juice (not juice cocktail...has to be 100% cranberry juice and you'll probably have to sweeten with a lot of sugar...I do!!) or 1/3 cup dried cranberries a day...obviously helps detox your body quicker and I actually add my cannabis tincture to it and warm it up at night...almost like cranberry tea...soothing, too! Try it, you might like it cause I didn't think I would...:-) Another good couple of things to have on hand once you're able is Ensure and bananas...not a joke...you need the vitamins and minerals in the Ensure and the potassium in the bananas will give you some of the 'oompf' you need to get up each day and rebuild energy...also, protein...you're body is being sucked dry of everything it needs and you won't feel better til you give it some! I've learned the hard way....

Now, I've withdrawn a couple of times, once cold turkey (mass meds after surgery, too, cause dr said it was 'better that way') and a couple times weening down.....it doesn't matter what you've been taking, what matters more is how much....and THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO COME OFF OF THESE MEDS...ANY OF THEM!!! Even weening, you will still withdraw because your body is still going to want the day after your done with the last ONE. Once you get that into your head, you've jumped the first hurdle. Also, don't sit and look at a calendar or the clock like there's some magic time or day you're going to suddenly feel better because everyone is different and your body will be ready when it's ready. Just take care of yourself and don't break down and take a pill. You'll do nothing but throw yourself into a constant state of withdrawal and another piece of advice is, deal with the feelings of dread and depression, but don't let a doctor put you on antidepressants to combat this!! Swapping one addiction for another defeats the purpose, too....barbituates are another hard one to kick, trust me!! Keep telling yourself that all of this WILL GO AWAY and as hard as it seems now, it will be sooner than you think!! I promise you!!! Read these forums when you feel like you need an answer...find someone you think is worse off sounding than you (that sounds bad, but it's a mind game you have to kinda play with yourself because you need to believe that you're not as bad off as you think)....so many of these forums and people have helped me in different stages of my 'days' and that's why I'm on here tonight. Now that I'm feeling well enough to do it, I want to maybe help someone else...not with an 'answer', but maybe with my words....GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!! Pray....it helps...He helps!!

i was wondering if someone out there could help me with a situation i am experiencing my husband has an anxiety attack every time he goes to inject with opiates. we have made a decision to stop, so we have cut down huge, but he has these attacks that he ends up in the hospital. he thinks he has done permanant damage, i say no it is the withdrawels. his heart starts to pound, he sweats, he feels tingly inside, chest pains, and goose bumps. short of discussing this with our dr. which we cant tell him the truth, does anyone who has decided to quit experience any of this. it goes away, but it is scarey to him while he is going thru this. we have basically not done dope in a few days, and are detoxing using mentadone. what do you think

well i goofed guys sorry got back on the percs i tried my god did i trie but when they are in your face while you are in withdrawl well kinda hard to say no i feel very disapionted and really getting scared because i realize i am in really deep good luck i hope you guys are stronger then me

yep tramadol does help, wish i had sum, ive been on oxys and heroin 4 many yrs now and im 2 days into withdrawal. just laying here in bed at 2pm with the laptop cause i cant get up. i have sh*t i need 2 do 2day and cant. god i hate this i want it 2 be over. really do wish i had sum ultram or tramadol whatever u wanna call it. other than that nuthin really helps! been thru this too mant times trust me i know!!