hey how do you get tramdol is it an opiate like methedon thanks man Dave from canada

i'm not too sure how to post a comment but my fiance and i have been taking opiates for almost 2 years now..started off with perk 30's then went to oc's 80 mg, pretty much every opiate, I always took alot less than he did, i would only take one or two and he would take more like 10 sometimes a day depending on what it was...my question is we were now down to only taking 2 10mg vicodin a day each, sometimes a few more, then we would sometimes take methadone only 1 each a day..we are now into our 7th day of only taking zanex and no pain killers...the withdrawls are not terrible but we have no energy and have lots of body aches and can't sleep at all at night. because of the zanex we are not having problems eating ... what I am wondering is if anyone knows how long the withdrawls are when we are 7 days off pain killers, but we are on 1mg zanex and taking 4-6 a day each....does anyone know if there is anything we can do at home to help with the energy, body aches, and insomia...please help with any suggestions.... does anyone know if body size and weight have anything to do with it or of age does, cause i am 6 years older than him and I have always taken way less and still go through bad withdrawls......i don't know but if anyone could help out cause we both really want our life back! we don't want to have to take pills to feel normal.

thanks

Well I don't know about all these "you can do it" messages, or especially the last guy saying that you're no different than anyone else. I know this may sound odd, but I've been through withdrawals (oxycodone) 3 separate times. The first time, I thought I was going to lose it. There was a reason I took those meds: my back and left knee constantly are killing me. When I got off, it wasn't the "withdrawal" symptoms as much as it was the fact that I was truly in pain with nothing powerful enough to stop it really. For the most part, naproxen and tramadol would have worked; I don't have any tramadol though. So for me, the worst part of withdrawal wasn't the symptoms themselves (hell, it's basically like having a cold), it was the pain that was there the whole time. I probably need surgery for it (from an accident and genetics), but I don't have insurance (and paying for the oxycodone out of your pocket meant that sometimes, the oxy would have to wait), which is why I went through withdrawal three times. All were due to lack of money really. The first time was bad, and I do mean bad. It was about a week of hell, the usual cravings, dreams, whatever else you want to think of. But by the second time it happened, it wasn't that bad. A mild cold-like feeling for two days...the only problem was the pain that kinda just stayed there. Really, as I'm writing this right now, I'm going through withdrawal. It isn't too much of an interruption of my life; I don't like the fact that I'm 21 and in more pain than an arthritic middle-aged man, but it isn't terrible. For all those suffering from withdrawal, there are a few things I've found that works and other people haven't mentioned. One: Buy loperamide. You may know this by the brand name "Immodium," but just find loperamide HCl. It will stop the diarrhea and anything else like that. Two: If you can, look in the store for something with Dextromethorphan HBr. These are both opiates that can be bought over the counter; however, they don't get you high, so you're out of luck there. The Dextromethorphan brings back that "warm" feeling that the opiates brought, which should stop you from getting the chills and shakes as often. Other than these two things, you just gotta tough it out. If you have pain that was there before, talk to your doctor. If it's gone by now, you should only have -at most- a week to go through.

Look up The Thomas recipe. It is not a cure all, but it helps. Read the posts. Hot showers, imodium, etc. I learned alot reading on this site.
I think of it as Dante's Inferno, 9 levels of hell. The hardest for me is the way I feel after the physical, the mental is tough.

Tramadol is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol extended-release tablets are only used by people who are expected to need medication to relieve pain around-the-clock for a long time. Tramadol is in a class of medications called opiate agonists. It works by changing the way the body senses
You are still dealing with an opiate!!1

Google "Kratom"...this will help wd symptoms, I promise...been there, done that and I thank the lovely plant they call Kratom

I dont know what is wrong with me i get bad muscel spazms, restless legs swollen kness. Ive seen an array of doctors none of then know what the hell they are talking about. I'm prone to accidents and am always getting hurt. I have been on percocets, hydrocodone, soma, tramidol. (which btw is non narcotic but is addictive and can get you high if you take enough. tramidol is like a water down percocet) I'd like to blame my pain on my addiction but i obviously went to the doctor for a reason but the pain is so much worse now. Any way my withdrawl is so bad like some of you when you take these meds so often your body starts to tolerate it. Then i found out snorting the oxy is so much more effective but comes with more consequence. All i have are some somas and they arent helping. I have been up all night wide awake sick with insomnia and pain. I just want it to be over. I dont want to feel like this. But i dont want to stop taking the meds either. :-(

I have found that taking tramadol and then reducing the number you take per day once you start to get low will help make withdrawls alot easier. As long as you have not burned a bridge with your doctor prescribing you the meds they will typically give a month supply of tramadol. I have also smoked weed to ease the anxiety and help me sleep during withdrawls. The best way though as I have found out the hard way is to take your medication as prescribed and the doctor will help you. I have used every drug out there when I was young and stupid (except anything injected by a needle) and pain pills are the absolute hardest thing in the world to quit.

It simply helps so much to just read these posts and know your not alonen thats a huge thing with me is I feel alone and depressed its hard but I have a family who means more to me than the drugs thanks to everyone one the other side of this long dark tunnel who takes the time to light that little light to show those of us still on this side there is hope ...thank you

DON'T USE TRAMADOL I AM SEVERELY ADDICTED TO THEM. YOU CAN FIND INFORMATION ABOUT TRAMADOL ADDICTION IF YOU GOOGLE AROUND. WITHDRAWALS ARE COMPLETELY SIMILAR. I KEEP SWEATING AND GETTING COLD. HURTING ALL OVER. PUNCHING MYSELF OVER AND OVER AGAIN. DIAHREAH, VOMITING. CONSTANT CRYING.

I'VE BEEN TAKING 12-20 50MG'S A DAY FOR ABOUT A YEAR STRAIGHT AND STOPPED STARTING TODAY AND I WANT TO FREAKING DIE!! AND I'M TAKING 2 AT A TIME EVERY 4-6 HOURS (I HAVE 4 LEFT AND IT'S ONLY ALMOST 4PM!!) I MAY PUT MYSELF IN A HOSPITAL IF THEY CAN ACTUALLY HELP.

I GOT HOOKED BY TAKING 4 OF THEM AND FEELING VERY EUPHORIC. I TRIED OTHER OPIOIDS..THE "REAL" OPIATES AND IT TOOK 120MGS OF OXYCODONE TO MAKE ME FEEL REAL GOOD...

I SCREWED UP...AND AM PAYING FOR IT..

Im on day five going cold turkey off the Fentanyl pain patch. That's some scary strong stuff, believed to be 80x more powerful than morphine. I was on that patch for 7 years. A couple of months ago one of my kids, 17 yr old girl, took some of my patches, ended up overdosing on them. I found her on the kitchen floor, blue and cold as ice, no vitals whatsoever. Called 911, then started CPR. We live in the country and it took 12 minutes for them to come. They couldn't get her to breathe, no pulse, nothing. She was declared dead sixteen minutes after I found her. The medics put her on the gurney to take her away. I prayed, begged God not to take her from me just yet. The medics almost out the door with her, she gasped, sat up, began to vomit and ripped the IV out of her arm. It was a true miracle. A few days later I ran out of patches for the first time ever, courtesy of my daughter. I didn't know what to expect. Well, I went into seizures, ended up in a coma in the ICU, feeding tube, breathing tube, machines beeping, the works. actually, the same medics who took my daughter, ended up taking me too. Those patches had to go. Withdrawal almost killed me. This time I planned for it. I researched and got some Benadryl, some cough syrup, some muscle relaxers (non-narcotic), and some weed so I cut sleep a little. It was the single hardest thing I've EVER done, no kidding. Today I have been able to keep some chicken soup down, since Monday. Today is Thursday. The worst is over. I thought I'd go crazy, I didn't think I could ever go through with it. But I did. Don't give up!

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Clonidine (Catapres). It is a blood pressure medication, used "off label" to treat opiate w/d. Each doctor that I have asked about it (including my conservative general doctor) says it is generally non-addictive and fairly safe. They are definitely more willing to easily give it out, compared to benzos! It is very helpful, in a way that NOTHING else is. It takes away much (if not most) of the sweats and hot flashes. It's good for the first few days, at least. I did take quite a bit (like 6 or more 1 mg pills the first day- not at once though). It makes you feel cold and a bit light headed. I have used a bit of Xanax, as well, but I would take the Clonidine. Also, if you are ever arrested and have to kick in jail (which I haven't), I'm told to say you have high blood pressure and that you need Clonidine and you may be able to get it.

man im goin trough w/d as i type man this sucks and my family knows nothin man i need help

I read and i see, i am not alone. I found my own way of treating my pain. I have to tell you, the first step was to be positive. As i see, all of us "pain sufferers", know how difficult is for our relatives to see our pain. So i made good step the first to be always positive, and sure belive me or not i started to drink water a lot. I tryed homeopathy, and what i discover at list for me it helps the best, and have no side effects, 100% naturals this is EASOL. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I know how it pains, but lets be patient with our close people:)

But the most important, dont be afraid to try something not traditional!

Heather, 32 y.o

Reading about opiate WDs and knowing full well what I will go through after I take my full script in a week, plus anything else I can get my hands on, having WDs right now, Im still stupid enough to do it again and again. I know Im an addict. I really dont think admiting that is the hardest part. I just love the high, I cant stop. My doc random drug tested me last month and pos. for pot, wants to take my scripts away. She helped get me here....ten years ago wiyh stadol. omg! then I moved to oxy and hydros. She is just as reckless as me. shame on all those docs that freely write scripts and then take them away like NOW. IT MUST BE DIFFICULT PLAYING GOD LIKE THAT.