This is my first time writing something here...but I thought this site could really help. I'm 14 years old, and I've been...erm...masturbating since I was about 10. I started out just pressing my fist against my clitoris, but for the past week or two I've filled a condom with hot water and rubbed against it in the shower.

It got me aroused really quickly, and after going for several minutes my breathing gets really fast, and I just can't stop rubbing. But then the sensation just fades! I thought when a girl has an orgasm she'd know it for a fact, and so far I have no idea whether it's ever happened! How exactly do I know if I'm about to...well, cum?

:$ Sorry, I just feel so ankward even writing about this sort of stuff... 

I can't really help you because I'm a guy, but why don't you try it again and see if you get the same sensation?  ;-)

PS: I love this little guy -> ;-)

I've done that a couple of times, and I'm still at a loss at whether I reached an orgasm...

I am at the same point as you. I think that's a small orgasm.. Iv done that before, but havent got anything better. Yes I know this is no help at all but I'm at the same loss :(

Is there any experienced woman that can explain it then? Maybe you should stick around if someone can explain for us both, Rebecca95.

I wish i could help you, but im at a loss as well. i had felt a sensation just like that but i didnt know if that was an orgasm or not. I wish someone could explain this stuff. For asking my mom feels a little to embarressing.

Me asking my mom is an absolute no-no! She caught me masturbating once when I was little, and claimed it was a bad thing... I did stop for a good amount of time, but then I accidentally saw my first picture of porn... I couldnt resist after that. There's another thing I'm a little curious about... I mean...is porn dangerous? I used to look at it a whole lot, but then I began thinking it was a real bad thing so I tried to quit. I eventually went cold turkey on it, and now I'd like to know if it was ever safe fora firmly age that've been looking at it.

I'm 13 and I've had that happen to. As to the porn question I watch it to. But I don't know the answer. Sorry!

At 13 and 14 year old women you may not be developed enough yet to achieve the big orgasm.  There is so much information on the internet that will help you understand first your body and second your sexuality.  You as a woman hve plenty of time to really orgasm but first do the research.(I)

Dear Alison (and others asking same question)

Porn is dangerous. That's why it is age-restricted.

Porn gives a false picture of sex, and leads many to believe that what is displayed is normal. It is also addictive, and often leads to a dissatisfaction with current experience. As well as being arousing, porn can also be de-sensitising, leading to sexual difficulties. These are often taken into marriage with disastrous consequences.

The fact you saw porn and couldn't resist masturbating gives some indication of its power over you.

Regarding masturbation, your mother may have a different attitude now you are older, but are there any cultural or religious implications? Masturbation can become a habit rather than a means of releasing sexual tension. It can also fuel fantasies which can be unhealthy.

Also the passionate pursuit for orgasm now may detract from a healthy sex-life later, for instance when growing into marriage. So, why do you want an orgasm? Because it is something to do? Or because your sexual tension is not getting released? And is that tension related to porn?

I hope this gives some help, particularly to younger members.

Ok, because no one else really gave a good answer, Ill try to help.

Shower masturbation is either hit or miss. Sometimes is really good and sometimes it is disappointing. Safer to just stick to messing around with stuff in your room at night. Unless you share a room, which sucks. But either way, the problem is that water can wash any natural lube down there away and make it annoying to deal with. Whatever. Find a dry place. Preferably warm, warm always works better. Which is why beds are awesome.

When I first started doing this, I would just take hard stuff and rub it against down there. As I got older I figured out how to use my hands. If you cant use your fingers then you might as well forget about bare hand stimulation. Because anything other than that will suck. Get like a rolled up blanket and push it against down there.

Best to practice when no one else is home btw if you wont be in the shower and not guaranteed private time.

One more thing, I read somewhere online you could try taking a spiral bound notebook and taking the spiral side and just rubbing it back and forth. I tried it once. Was pretty cool. I think you had to be standing up though for it to really work, which I dont like to do because my legs get tired. But it worked. Close enough thing to a vibrator.

ps, dont listen to that other lady. there is nothing wrong with porn. i watch it. my bf watches. everyone watches it. it helps to get off every now and then.