Hi.

I'm a female and I was diagnosed today (2/09/09) with Bacterial Vaginosis (Gardnerella vaginalis). I went to the doctor's on Friday (2/06/09) and he did a test sent it away to the lab. He said that my discharge looked normal and that he was going to do a test anyway. That's how I got my diagnosis today. I was perscribed with Metronidazole Vaginal Gel 0.75%.

Two weeks ago (1/24/09) my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex, he slipped out, his penis hit my butt area, and he went back in. (sorry fro this detail) The day after (1/25/09) I noticed symptoms. Soreness around my vaginal opening. A day later smelly discharge and white discharge. And it was persistent. I took Monistat 3 day and it helped a little being that it brought my vaginal pH from 5.5 to 5.0.

Yesterday (2/08/09) my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex again (First time since 1/24/09). I thought it was okay since my doctor said everything looked normal.

Now, my questions are:

Since we had sex, and symptoms came up, could he have gotten it and should he be treated for it?

Since he slipped out, hit my butt area, and went back in, could this be how I have gotten Bacterial Vaginosis?

Since we had sex and I still have it, could he have gotten it too and should he be treated for it?

How does a man go about getting this treated for him?

If I were you I wouldn't be having unprotected sex while u have the infection. Also I would make another appt to see if u still have the infection. It would be also a good idea to wear a condoum so u don't give the infection to him as well.

Kind of embarrassing to admit, but I caught that when I married from my wife and I needed treatment as well. So both of you get tested, treated and have NO unprotected contact. Best of Luck