hi what is the color of implantation bleeding? i understand that it is a light flow.. but what is considered light? just a few spots? Next, my period is late for one week but i'm experienceing dark discharge now. no other symptoms. first day was rather heavy followed by only stains seen for the next 2. implantation?

Implantation bleeding generally happens before the period is due. If you are a week late then a result will definately show on a home pregnancy test

i know. but i'm afraid to take one. just wanted to be mentally prepared. wat does implantation look like? that would be helpful

Implantation can just be a little bit of spotting or a very light 'period'. It is generally not a heavy flow, but it does vary for different people

i took a test. it was negative. hmm will it be the right time to take it? it isn't too early rite? but it doesn't explain y my period is still not here..

Ummm only an exam and thorough history could actually tell someone WHY your period has not come yet... THAT we cannot do!

Are you on the pill? Some women skip peirods on the pill without even trying, it is normal.. PERHAPS THIS CYCLE is longer than your last one, so you are not due for your period yet..THERE COULD be many reasons for your late period, if you are worried you need a gyno visit.

Im sure this is a late reply but i experienced dark discharge after my period was due and negative test. Later found out I had an ectopic period. Apregnancy in my tube wich had to be removed in surgery!

It can also be a sign of endometriosis