I have an ingrown hair i think and i've been doing everything wrong!...squeezing puss out everyday until it bleeds, using peroxide, iodine, triodine, neosporin, band aids, and even iccthamol. After using iccthamol for a week, I still had to make a hole with a needle and squeeze puss out everyday. It's been 7 weeks and the swelling has gone down but it's still red and there is still a hard ball like feeling under the area which is now an open wound and briused...but when I squeeze it now, no puss comes out. I poked it under the wound with a needle to get to the deep seated ball like substance, I squeezed and nothing came out but clear stuff. The most bizzare thing is I lost feeling in some of the wound even when I needled through good skin behind the wound, I didn't feel a thing, but the wound itself is sore...weird huh? Is this sounding like a badly infected ingrown hair? And should I go to the doctor?

Hi there, it's not good when you have a wound that lasts longer than a couple of weeks. I am pretty sure by this point it could be infected or something along those lines. I think it's a good idea to see a doctor about this as soon as you can because it could be pretty bad. Let me know how it turns out, okay?