Hey guys. I was talking with my friend today. She has some cat I don’t know what breed it is. She is playful and she is healthy cat. At least she was. She started to throw up hairballs. That was happening before to her (I think only once) but she told me that now is different.

When she was cleaning it she saw a blood in cat’s hairballs.

She was terrified which is normal totally.

She wants to know what the causes of blood in cat’s hairball are and how to cure it.

Do you have any cure and tips? Tnx!

Hey there.

Look, this cat needs to be examined by her vet as soon as possible. She can’t wait one minute to see what is going to happen with this cat. It can be serious. Vomiting is a concern by itself but when the cat is vomiting the blood – that is very serious.

Visiting the vet is the safest and the smartest thing that you can do. I remember when my cat was throwing up some yellowish liquid I wanted to die.

But it was nothing serious.

I would definitely visit my vet because blood is something that you should not play with.

I don’t know a cure for it :/

Hey there.

This is definitely not something that you should play with because it can be serious. Vomiting and throwing up hairballs is usually benign if you don’t see blood or some other foreign materials. I agree when they say that you need to visit the vet soon because you should not cure it alone.

Remember that hairballs have very unpleasant side effect on your kitty’s natural inclination to stay clean and beautiful.

Sure you can buy the hairball formula cat – food for your cat, but you need to check your cats tummy and digestions system.

But definitely, your cat is sick.

Hey three of you.

Carla, look I am not an expert in this situation. I know so little about cats and I still don’t have any idea why they are throwing up hairballs. But when you see the blood in it I believe that this is dangerous.

My friend had a cat who was throwing up bloody hairballs every two months.

She took her cat to the vet and he told her that everything is ok. He prescribed some diet to her cat and very soon she stopped to throw up bloody hairballs. I want to tell you that this maybe is nothing dangerous, but you should not play with it.

Hello. Hairballs are not normal. Especially hairballs with blood. You need to know that most cases of hairballs are the result of one or even more following thing - too much ingested hair, problem in the GI tract or moisture – deficient diet program. As soon as you find the cause you will know how to treat and how to cure it. You can try to cure it with moisture – rich, species – appropriate diet and balanced diet program. Also you should add an omega 3 supplements in your cat food. But when there is a blood it can be something more serious.

Sorry, but fur balls are totally normal in cats, particularly long haired ones, but even short haired cats have them on a regular basis. It is the only way they can get rid of excess fur they have digested via licking when cleaning and it is perfectly normal, chances you don't see it because the cat throws it up outside most times. You can help your cat to minimize the discomfort of having them too often by combing and brushing daily (several times a day if long haired) and adding fur ball dry food from a good manufacturer to their daily diet.

Cats groom themselves frequently. So they inevitably swallow some hair. This hair does not get broken down by. the enzymes In their stomach. It builds up and forms a clump over time. This build-up of hair gets vomited up when it gets big enough to interfere with digestion and/or starts to irritate their stomach. Or far less common, it gets expelled in their feces. You need to be concerned if your cat does NOT barf up a hairball. It could start to cause a stomach blockage