hello.

I am not a weed smoker, not anymore. my last time ws about 9 years ago. where i used to be a daily smoker, and i had a bad trip, where i got depressed after that night, i got panic attack, and the 2nd day i felt depressed and it went on for the about 6 months, as i used to get the feeling that i have a heavy cloud in my head, feeling it in my forehead and something pressing at the back of my head...i started getting into the awareness of what my subconsioness do...as is how am i breathing, how am i talking, how am i understanding what i am being told...and all this, and it is really bothering and annoying...and since then i stopped smoking weed...

till about a week ago...i smoked a joint, and all went well, nothing of the sort...i am in a situation now that is very stressfull, and have a lot of problems and unempolyed for the last 6 months practically, as everything seems to go the opposite way in my life...anyway. i smoked weed, i didnt even finish 1 full spliff...but the very 2nd say those ugly feelings, and restlessness, and thoughts and tight cloudy brain came again, something that i dont need now...

i know it is my fault for smoking again, even if it is for once....but could this be a heavy stress i am passing in, or depressions, or weed effect...or all?

these feelings dont take grip of me all the time, but certain times during the day...

i was advised to take xanax (anti depressant), it is helping me sleep...but i am sick and tired of this thing in my head, and this tight feelings...

if any of you had this experience or having it, please share and advise.

thanks all.

First, Xanax is not an antidepressant, it's a benzodiazepine and highly addictive.  Don't beat yourself up for trying to smoke, we all do it.  As I've told many people here, find a good therapist.  You have at least one major stresser in your life and your reaction to pot may have more to do with that and maybe weed triggers it.  Talk to a professional because you will not sort this out on your own.  Trust me, I've been there.