I heard from one of my collegaues that switching to treadmill form running outside or vice versa could be bad for your joints.. I called it BS but now would rather have it clarified.
-D

I do about half of my total running indoors on a treadmill, I notice no difference. If nothing else, my mill is more padded than outside.

I feel your pain. I hated my runs on the treadmill. I'd much rather be outside

I probably run on the mill more than I run outside (it just depends on the week). Bad for your joints? I haven't had any noticable problems. My only recommendation is get something to provide distraction. Treadmill can be deathly boring if you don't have something to occupy your mind.

tv with closed captions is great.

That's what I use when I ride on the trainer

I've logged nearly 1K miles of running since January 1st. Nearly all of those miles have been treadmill miles. Take off 2 HalfM's...2 weeks of running on vacation in Florida...and 4-5 long runs as of late...the rest is treadmill. If I didn't do that, I wouldn't be running.

Total running that I've logged in the past 1.5 years...nearly 1700 miles n the TM.

I have not noticed any complications from running on it. I only experience problems from overtraining (not gradually building up my milege or resting) and when my shoes reach their milege limit of 300 miles.

Thanks for the advise guys.... I thought I might sneak outside and but the rain is a bit intense. If these are just the remains of Ivan Floriada woudl got it pretty bad :sad:. Well about distraction I am hoping for soem wimmin runners . In reality I am not going to have any... I am at work... :(

Seems to me the treadmill would be easier on the joints since you can adjust the cushion on most of them.