it is an alien implant and your body is trying to reject it.

I have the same problem and have had it for years. I am a 60 year old female.  My mother also has it in the identical place for years.  She is 87.  Is this hereditary?  Left shoulder blade tip.  Constant intermittant itch.  Maddening.

Did you have radiation or chemo? I have same thing and they say result of radiation and it happens approximately 3 years afterwards. Mine was breast cancer.

This is exactly what I have been experiencing for years and my doctor also diagnosed it as notalgia paraesthetica. Turns out my mother has it also in the same spot as I do. The capsazin cream does help. There is no cure for it, you can only try different things to help dull the irritating sensation.

If you are on an anti depressant there are certain categories that list itchy as a side affect they ,meaning anti depressants will cause a part of your muscles close to spine to collect and tighten best cause for relief is take depressant in am an walk a lot it will help break down

if it is always  left shoulder blade it is nerve related .most likely spinal degneration causing nerve impingement

nuerologist not chiropractor

Concern. I have the exact thing for about 8 (eight)months now it goes and come and it worries me a lot since its in. The area where I can hardly reach to scratch it I Also having a stinging sensation over my back like once every two weeks as though fine heat in the skin it lasted for a few second then stop what can be the signs please help. Pd

I have the same thing too. Under my left shoulder blade. The only visible sign is dark places where I have scratched it so much. Mine itches mostly first thing in the morning and before I go to bed at night. Very weird.

i have the same condition .really need a solution

I have had the same itching, over my right shoulder blade for years--so much so, that I have  scratched the nap off my clothing in that area.  I began having the problem occasionally in my mid twenties .  Now 50 years later, the problem persist on a daily basis, and it's driving me crazy.  I have tried Cortizone 10; Super Strength Blue - EMU Topical Cream; Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment and taken allergy medication and nothing helps for more than 30 minutes if that.

Your condition is called Notalgia Parasthetica. I'd had NP for two years before I found out what it was. My doctor had told me a year earlier that it was nothing to worry about but didn't tell me what caused it or what to do about it. Six months ago I happened to meet someone who also has NP and she told me to see a physical therapist who practices in our neighbourhood. He told me that I needed to stretch my spine to relieve the pressure on the nerve that was causing the problem. He told me to do the following exercise that only takes a couple of minutes:

Grab your left wrist with your right hand and bend over as far as you can to the right while pushing your left hip out as far as it will go. Hold that position for twenty seconds and then reverse the procedure on the other side. Repeat the cycle three times. I've been doing this exercise for six months now and have been itch-free!! No meds needed. If I forget to do the exercise for a few days, the itch comes back and goes away immediately as soon as I do the exercise.

It makes sense to address the cause of the condition instead of just using drugs or creams to mask the symptoms. As they say on the internet, your mileage might vary and the exercise might not work for you. I also do a bit of yoga every morning and front and back bends are part of the sun salutation exercise but this alone did not alleviate the itching; it wasn't until I added the side stretches that the itch went away. Hope this helps someone else.

I have the same. The itch is on the top of my left shoulder. I have a constant discomfort on my shoulder and I can't move up my arm above my shoulder. I have sciatica too. If somebody has the answer where to go or what to do please share!

Can you describe the stetch in more detail? are the arms in front, or behind the torso? Is it a lateral bend to the right? Thanks.

I'd had NP for two years before I found out what it was. My doctor had told me a year earlier that it was nothing to worry about but didn't tell me what caused it or what to do about it. Six months ago I happened to meet someone who also has NP and she told me to see a physical therapist who practices in our neighbourhood. He told me that I needed to stretch my spine to relieve the pressure on the nerve that was causing the problem. He told me to do the following exercise that only takes a couple of minutes:

So far my wife's doctor has not given her a cause. She has had it for years. She uses Benadryl tablets and a Cortizone creame the drugstore recommended which gives her some relief.