Hi! Three days ago, I got this weird redness on my chest, and the skin is all flaky. It scared the … out of me! I am not allergic to anything, at least nothing that I know of, and I haven’t used any new soaps and shampoos. Then my girlfriend told me it could be seborrheic dermatitis, and then we both got scared because we know that usually people with hiv get this disease. How does one get this disease? What are my chances of being hiv positive? Thanks for your replies!!!!

Hello! Seborrheic dermatitis is a disease that causes flaking of the skin as you have already experienced. It is true that people with hiv virus got hit by this disease but it doesn’t have to mean that you are hiv positive. At about 3-5 % of people get it. The cause is usually unknown but it may be triggered by some drugs or skins sensitivity to yeast on the skin. I think you should go to dermatologist to have it checked, it may be something else as well. And as for your chances of HIV virus….I think you are the one who should be answering this question!