I'm 16, and can fully retract my foreskin with no problem. However, when I do, the head of my penis is quite sensitive and hurts when touched. I know this is normal, and I know I must keep the foreskin back in order for the head to "air out" somewhat, and to get less sensitive. However I was wondering how long to keep my foreskin back? Can men go around all day, or permanently with their foreskin retracted without any problems? I also know there is a disorder where the foreskin can become trapped behind the head, and swell up. This may sound like a stupid question, but can that happen from just prolonged periods of the foreskin being willingly retracted?

it depends on weather you wear briefs (thongs) or boxers?

After 16 years of being in its wrapper, the penis head is bound to be hypersensitive and irritable. Te foreskin should be kept retracted as often and for as long as comfortably possible, in order to make the feeling become normal. This is important for cleaning, for sex and for proper penile growth and development. But it's OK to take it in stages, not all at once if it's uncomfortable. Eventually, you should be able to keep the skin fully retracted at all times, which will eliminate so many problems and give you all the benefits of actual circumcision. Good luck.