I have noticed that when I keep my foreskin pulled back for long periods of time, less smegma develops on the glans of my penis. But when my foreskin is back over the glans, alot more smegma develops under the foreskin. I like to have my foreskin retracted for long periods of time in order to get less smegma. Is it okay to have your foreskin retracted for long periods of time?

If you keep the foreskin retracted a long time it will get tougher, like those who were circumcised. You will lose sensitivity of the glans. So its better to let it be in a natural position. As for keeping the smegma in check, if you clean it out about one time each day, it will not build up or even appear. Make it a habit. You will never see it again and it will not be a bother to you.

I disagree. Sugars contained in secretions that are harbored inside an unretracted foreskin breed bacteria that regenerate smegma odors in as little as two hours. Washing thoroughly several times a day may not be enough.

Penis head sensitivity has more to do with blood flow into the penis during erections, than with foreskin presence. Yes, with prolonged retraction, you will lose hypersensitivity that can make sex unbearable for uncircumcised guys, but you will gain a deeper sensitivity level that improves sexual endurance and discourages premature ejaculation. After sex and the erection fades, sensivitity will drop to a normal level that is pleasant to feel on the bare penis head in your clothing. Many of us have been permanently retracted since an early age, and we much prefer and encourage it.

Your foreskin will not stay retracted and the concerns about segma are unfounded assuming you shower every day and and enjoy the 5 seconds it takes to slide the skin back and flush with water. Not to say the enjoyment you get. :-)

I am 77, and keep my foreskin pulled back all the time. I seldom have smema, as I clean my penis daily. My foreskin has NOT gotten tougher, and my penis still has LOTS of sensitivity. Most guys think I am "cut" because I keep my foreskin pulled back. Feels better in shorts, too.

This is just wrong. Smegma does not appear in as little as 2 hours. Washing once a day is more than enough to keep the penis clean.