well lots of people will think that this is silly but any way. i need a hairstyle for my school prom in june. i konw that its a few months away but my parents are putting my  under lots of stress to get it all aorted. i also need to decide on how i will get to the prom. but i dont kow, i'm getting there by myself because the i was going with is moving back to her own country befor the palin tickets go up (she goes back a few days before prom) therefore the transport needs to be very cheap. if you can help me that would be great. and any pictures you can show me on the hairstyles would be fantastic.

please help me. i want to get the arrengments sorted early so that i can consintrated on getting good grade in my final exams.

P.S i am a 16 year old GIRL and i live about 10 miles away from where the prom will be. xxx

You might not want to use this particular style for your prom, but it could be fun to wear to school:

After you take a shower, gently comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb. (I think you’re supposed to use a wide-toothed comb on wet hair to keep it from breaking, or something).  Divide your hair into two sections.

Braid your hair. Take each section and divide it into a few sections (I did 6). The tighter you braid the more waves and curls you’ll get. Try to braid down as far as you can. Place a band or something on the end. (I'm lucky and I have some tiny rubber bands that I can use.) If you plan on doing several braids, plan for at least 15 minutes to braid all your hair.

Wait for your hair to dry completely. I usually braid my hair at night and sleep on it, but you could braid it in the morning for a special event in the evening.

When your hair is all dry, gently unbraid it. Your hair will have beautiful waves in it. If you have really long hair, you might want to use some hairspray on it. If you want, you can add sparkly clips to the sides to finish.

When you get tired of your waves or if they start to look really frizzy, just take a shower to wash them out!

Tip: you might want to test this style on a day when you're not ging out so you know the best way to do it! Have fun! :-)

thank you silvermoonbeam for you idea it really good (ive tried it) but i wanted to wear my hair up as it is half way down my back and my dress is strapless. as my sholders are really toned i wanted to show them off so if you have any other ideas that would be great. by the way my hair is light brown and very, very, very thick and it is over 18 inches long.

Hey :) check out a taylor swift side bun ! google images it ! its a curly updo and is perfect for prom ! i wore it for grad and added a hair flower and some sparkly hairspray XX

you can do a fishtail braid those are in