Im the same way as you guys, been smoking everyday for 6 years all of a sudden, boom!!! panic attacks. i dont understand why, i went to the hospital because i thought i was having a heart attack turns out its nothing im healthy as a horse. sucks man really sucks i love bud but i guess god is doing something to us, becuase i feel as if hes trying to tell us to stop something idk but its not good

When I first started smoking pot, it was so dank that I would get panic attacks.  Could only concentrate on breathing and couldn't catch my breath.   Later that never happened.  Fast forward 12 years and I can't smoke marijuana socially without getting anxiety.  When I smoke alone, everything is alright.  If I do smoke with people 1 or 2 hits are fine, but no more.  I would also take 1 or 2 small hits before work and it works nice to prevent anxiety in traffic in the morning.   I'm pretty sure this is somehow related to caffeine.  Because when I started office work and caffeine addiction, the social anxiety with marijuana started.   I'd suggest respecting marijuana.  It is a powerful medicine and shouldn't be abused.  A little bit can give you what you need. Peace

I have a theory I have been polling with other smokers I know for a few months, and I am now sure after seeing all the posts on this phenomenon that i know why this sh*t is happening.

Around 2008 most of the weed growers (at least in my city van b.c.), started growing nothing but high potency kush strains.

That's when most of us (judging by when these posts and many others started to pop up)started freaking the f**k out. I personally quit my management job because the anxiety attacks about little work sh*t had my heart beating out of my chest. I decided to take a %20 pay cut and demotion to instead, work, not give a sh*t, and go home. queue my sigh of relief. But still ever once in a while, some otherwise pretty harmless day to day drama has me right back in lotus position breathing deep and telling myself that it will pass and that i am over reacting. or am I??? the people that i know who dont smoke pot say its because of the anxiety attacks. so.....

I am going to get a ligit dispensary hookup and go back to the old varieties (grapefruit,hash plant, OMG i just remembered blueberry!!!)and test my theory first hand.

please correct me if I am wrong, just be nice. Its just a theory.no facts. no data.yet.

ill let you guys know how the non-kush experiment goes.

frikkin eh. reminds me of the "im excited what kind of drugs are we testing" line from workaholics.

peace

Ugh. Please don't do it anymore. I ate something someone gave me in late December and I've been having similar attacks , chest pains , rapid heartbeat and high blood pressure ever since(it's now February). I wish I never had.I would give almost anything to be the way I was back in early December. It's not worth it. I hope I'll eventually be normal again.