Hello Everyone, i have a quick question. Does Masturbating effect your vocal chords in any way? Such as making your voice crack when intending to hit high notes in the long run? I am asking this since i want to be a musician, the vocalist of a band and I do not want to have to worry about masturbation effecting the way i sing. Let me know pronto, thanks

Masturbation would not affect your vocal chord in any way.

Yes it does. I don't know why people keep saying it doesn't. I've experienced it. Now i can't sing anymore. It messes up your pitch

Usually a guy starts masturbating right around the time that his voice would be naturally changing. It's all part of puberty. Masturbating doesn't change your voice any more that it causes acne, or causes you to grow hair, or causes you to get tall - all of these things just happen normally around the same age!

I'm 22 and i'm way past puberty. How come my voice sounds a lot deeper and dryer than last year? I struggle to hit notes that were so easy to hit last year. And i practice a hell of a lot. Could you help me explain the reason why if it's not due to masturbation?

yes it does but if your really a professional singer you can still sing better but sure its much better if u not masturbate ur singing voice really in condition excercise and propercaring of our voice is what we need

yes...i too have experienced it....first i was able to sing high notes but now i couldn't....now i left masturbating...and started practicing music

Made my singing WAY better :)

Makes my singing better. I feel more lelaxed on stage and not so uptight. 

It does effect your vocal chords. If you dont do is too terribly often, it is no big deal, but if you are doing it as often as every day, your entire body fatigues  and your vocal chords do swell up. This is true. 

I believe it doesn't affect the voice directly, but it takes away from the power and drive you may have otherwise experienced with a "loaded gun". 

It definitelly affects my voice, I am 39 years old and I have been testing this since I was a teenager, when I was a singer in a band. However these effects are just temporary as they only last for 24-48 hours (at least with me).

If I masturbate too frequently, I just can't sing anything challenging, I can't reach high notes, poor control and after singing 1 or 2 songs I literally loose my voice. 

I found this thread precisely because I am looking for medical explanations,  I would like to understand why this happens. 

To me is clear, if you have to sing, refrain from masturbating at least 2 days before the event.

Ciao!

Me too! I am 20 but I have been experiencing this fir the last 2- 3 years. Something about masturbation get you vocal chords to break up when you are hitting the high notes. And yup lasts 2-3 days. Haven't tried too frequently though because I am afraid it might f**k up my voice completely. I am going here looking for a medical explanation. Let me know if you find one. Cheers!

i masturbate but i can reach high notes like Zayn Malik from 1D the song YOU AND I

It does affect the extreme high notes a little bit, for men. Professional opera singers avoid orgasming the night before a performance if they have to hit extreme high notes. It's not a big deal, and not permanent, but masturbation does increase your testosterone slightly, so it does have a temporary and slight affect.