I have pretty hairy chest and I was wondering if shaving them would cause any inconvenience?

You can cut yourself, so use new razor blade. Besides old ones have lots of bacteria between razors, so really use new one. Use also lots of shaving cream, if planning shaving.
If you have really hairy chest and this is annoying to you, I would recommend waxing. Why, shaving cuts just the top of hair, which enables hair to grow back easily and more strong… usually it is like that…the more you cut it, the stronger it is. It is different with waxing, since waxing takes the root of hair too. The bad side of waxing is pain when hair is pulled (it is better if it is done by someone else)!!! And you have to wait till hair grow at least 4 or 5 mm to do the waxing again. On the other hand, the effect of waxing is much more long lasting then with shaving and I have the feeling that when hair starts growing after waxing, they are not so rough as with shaving.

About hair growing back thicker after shaving: This isn't true, the hair just looks thicker as it begins to grow because you are seeing the blunt 'cut' end of the hair, as opposed to the fine tipped hair that has been growing for a while.

Hope I helped. :-)

It might be worth it to get laser hair removal.

may be not but i agree with Paul79SoFL

Celebrity

That's good that you have a pretty, (double meaning that word) hairy chest, leave it 'pretty', shaving would cause a lot of inconvenience, it would look stupid and when the hair was growing back it would be a bit like your face after 2 days not shaving. The only place you shave is your face, not chest.

Celebrity

It would cause inconvenience, just keep your pretty hairy chest hairy, I have a pretty hairy chest as well and have never even thought of shaving or even trimming any hair off ever and never will

Hi, I understand you feel strongly about that, you definitely can recomment not shaving, but I think both shaving and not shaving are legitimate choices :) see you.