Hi...im 16 years old and have a pretty hairy chest i was wondering if i should shave it and how my friends would react. thx guys :-D

at the end of the day its all up to you, but i would seriously not reconmend it, if you shave it, it can become extremely uncomfortable and grow back twice as thick and way darker, as for your mates.. if one of the guys in my group shaved there chest im pretty sure we'd all have a good laugh at him.. as a joke of course ;-)

hope this helped

I think it is a total myth that the hair comes back thicker, darker, or longer once you have shaved it one time. 

I'm female and I would honestly think a guy with totally shaved chest hair would be very weird. If it was like that naturally, OK, but somehow, shaving body hair just doesn't seem manly to me. Chest hair can be very attractive to women/girls, just keep that in mind before you shave it all off. I would also honestly think your mates and girls would make fun of you if you decided to shave your chest hair. 

Don't do it. Like Phil says it will grow back thicker. You'll also itch like crazy as it grows back in. You'll be shaving forever.

What's the problem anyways? If the guys say something then they're probably jealous. I know lots of girls that like to run their fingers through chest hair.

Good luck

Celebrity

That's great that you have a pretty hairy chest at 16, no way shave your chest, that would be so stupid, your friends would laugh at you. You are lucky like I was in developing a hairy chest at 16 or 17, I now have a hairy chest, in fact some people have compared my chest to a werewolf, but I am not as hairy as that, just that I have never shaved or waxed it ever, I also have hairy shoulders, legs and arms as well, you be the same and be proud that you are developing a nice manly hairy chest.

Celebrity

That's a good attitude you have 'Philb', like you I am in a group for men, all who have hairy chests and have never even thought of ever shaving. Your advice is correct, never shave or wax a mans chest, if it is hairy leave it that way.