Sounds very much like what I went through. Peri-menopause has all those symptoms and more. Your period will begin to change...from light to pouring, You will have a few months between them and then they might even out again...mine did. I went for 3 months without a period and then it started and has been regular again. I guess we are in for a roller coaster ride for the next few years.

Hi pelmel I am 48 and I have a missed my period the whole month of december and havent had one this month yet still waiting to see but I have nausea,tender breast,lower back pain,feel very exchausted all the time,and i have a little crampy in my adomen.I have been married for almost 30 years and havent had a baby in that time and I have never had a baby before and I have taken two test and they have come out negative twice so i will wait till the end of the month and see.I like your story.Since every woman is different I figured maybe I have that chance to have a little mircale too.Wish me Luck and pray for me.

Hi everyone. I am 48 and haven't had a period in 5 months. The dr told me my fsh was high. I was wondering if it is still possible to get pregnant at this stage? I had a baby at 44 and I would like to have another. Has this ever happened to anyone? Is it possible a period will come back and I might still have a chance to get pregnant.? I'm glad that I am not alone and hope that someone might be able to give some insight. Thanks

I am 46:) my oldest will be 23,second one 10 and a month 1/2 ago condom broke...I had Plan B one step... Nothing happen. Had 2 pregnancy tests in 2weeks showing negative,but I am way pass the date...This is not funny...Help,please...

Hey

i am Ariola and I have 7 months that I don't have periods I really want to have a baby .. Is this impossible ? I am in menopause 

please help me I am so desspred

Hi.  I am in a position of confusion.  I had my period last January 19 and it lasted for three (3) days only.  I also have the feeling that I am in a stage of menopausal since I experienced irregularity and abnormality in my menstrual period.  I missed my MP sometimes.  But this time,  I feel different and I had my PT earlier,  so I got negative result but because I know the feeling of being pregnant,  I took another PT test and I got positive result.  Am confused and have mixed emotions because I am at my late 40's.  I have lots of things to consider. 

A good advice is badly needed and some pointers on how to get along with the feeling of falling apart on making a decision whether to keep the baby with its abnormalities and/or give up the baby to free him on suffering pains and heartaches from judgmental people.

FAITH

What makes you think the baby has abnormalities?

Hi all, I am going through the menopause and have been for some years now, i am 41. My periods stopped in september 2012 and i knew i wasn't pregnant at the time and was confirmed menopausal! Like most ladies on this site i did not think it possible to get pregnant while menopausal without medical assistance.........how wrong was i :-( i am now 5 weeks pregnant, took the test which said at the time 3+.........such a shock to say the least, concidering the father and i have had a relationship on and off for 15 years and this has never happened during all that time.

Hi Wishbaby

I also wish for a baby. I am 43yrs live in sydney and unable to start ivf due to my high fsh reading of 88. I had cervical cancer in 2007 and shortly after having my cervix remove though a new radical surgery I stopped having periods. I am getting some mild hot flushes but now way did I believe I was in menopause just thought it was due to scarring from the surgery. I had to wait a number of years to be given the all clear to start a family but now I find that I can't. I am seeking alternative treatment to help reduce my levels to start ivf, but have been told to look at egg donor. I have investigated a little from overseas but since I have not given myself a chance want to wait to see what happens. If you need to chat just let me know.

Go and consult your doctor! I think this is the best thing to do.

I am so happy to find this forum.  I thought I was alone and having some kind of mental episode.  I am 48 with 4 children 2 grandchildren and had my only tube left tied and burned.  I have been pretty regular with my monthly cycles over the years.  My last period was in August lasted about 10 days heavy flow etc - nothing out of the norm.  Sometimes they are light sometimes heavy.  Problem is I haven't had a period since and I have most the symptoms of pregnancy with the exception of morning sickness (didn't have it with my others till later on in the pregnancy as well).  Constantly hungry, tender breasts, tired, weepy, needing to clean everything all the time.  Took countless hpt - 2 came back slightly positive and the rest negative.  Went to the Dr's the urine and blood test came back negative but stated my hormones were fine but my missed periods could be due to stress or simply the immediate onset of menopause.   Just can't shake this feeling that I'm either pregnant or that my symptoms are psychosomatic.  In 4 days I'll be 3 months late and take another hpt. This is nerve wracking to say the least.

Have you considered adoption?

Hi. I am 48 also. I have never been pregnant. My husband passed in 2004. We tried for awhile and then I just accepted fact that was not meant to be. I started seeing someone awhile back after having no one in my life since husband passed. I really did not see the need for protection as I figured both were beyond age to probably have children. Now..stupid thinking. My cycles has been regular, never missed. But my last cycle was around October 8th. No cycle in November, nothing for December. Am concerned, could these be just menopause or for real. I just never thought possible. I stopped planning/wanting a child when I was 40. Would you wait? Should I take a test? I was kind of thinking wait until after January (next cycle). What do you think?

Health Guru
hi, are you experiencing any other symptoms of the menopause?

Hang in there, I will be with you for moral support... Congratulations !! Keep me posted