Nannyx302,
I was browsing the internet today and pulled up this site. I read your post.
I am 49 years old, as well. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 2 years. No success. Now I think I may be starting pre-menopause. I had UFE 1 1/2 years ago. If you take good care of yourself - you can deliver and be fine. Of course you will be a high risk pregnancy. What have you found out since the 8th?

I think I'm pregnant....but maybe I am just crazy. Haven't had a period since before Christmas. Felt nauseous for the last week. Tests come back negative. (I am 42). My mom didn't go into pre-menopause until late 50's....do we inherit the same cycle?

Here's my history....

At 38 years old...spotted heavily, nausea, but tests were all negative. Went to OB/GYN..told I was in pre-menopause....he's now four! Didn't have a test come back positive until the last days of first trimester. Found out I was expecting and found out it was a boy (from the ultrasound)....all in the same week. Regular periods ever since. I can't believe I am back in the same boat!

Is nausea common with pre-menopause? I haven't had hot flashes or anything.....

Hi

So glad I found this site I was just searching for web as been having hot flushes for about 2 weeks now and worried it may be early signs of menopause.

Brief history, am 40 had a TR in Dec and am TTC with my new partner. Have 2 DD aged 19 and 18 and although have only 1 ovary conceived really easy with DD's albeit I was only in my 20's then!!

I was searching hoping to find reports of flushes being sypmtoms of early pregnancy. I am CD37 today and am usually 21-25 day cycle. Have taken 2 tests the last one on Friday and BFN. I have been told could be my cycle getting back to normal after TR but first 2 after were just as normal. Did have episode last year when went 7 weeks between cycles but was separating from husband at the time and put it down to stress. What do yoy think.

Hello Ladies,

I am 48. Didn't have a period since January. It's first time I skipped it.
I took a test two weeks ago- negative. I was thinking I have pre-menopause. But I don't have any symptoms of it.
My last period was kind of "unusual"- my breasts were swollen during that period and a few weeks after. I woke up during night when I tried to change sleeping position- it hurt me a lot.

Now my breasts are swollen a bit, I urinate often and feel sort of sick in a morning. Definately I am going to see a doctor soon- Just need some support from you ladies.

Wow... what a comfort to know I'm not alone. I'm 52yrs old and went off the pill about 2 months ago after being on it for 12 years. I had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago (foolish, I know!) and still haven't got my period. I don't have any symptoms but feel very worried none-the-less... what if?!? Is it too soon to take a home pregnancy test?

Hi Ladies,
I found myself pregnant last year. I was 48 and would have been giving birth at 49 years and 6 months!
More over I discovered I was pregnant with twins.
After the initial shock I was actually quite excited. I only have one daughter but had had 2 miscarriages and an ectopic in the past.
Unfortunately for me this pregnancy too ended in miscarriage last September.
Before I was pregnancy my periods were pretty regular and I didn't have any symptoms of menopause, however since my D&C I had one strange period (mostly black), then one normal period. But since then nothing except a bit of spotting in January. I had a scan to make sure all the miscarriage was away and everything looked fine.
It's now 5 months since my last period and it feels like I went from pregnancy to menopause in one fair swoop although I still don't have any symptoms of menopause so maybe my hormones were just as shocked by the pregnancy as I was.

Hi ladies, I am so glad I found this site. I am a nervous wreck. I think I am in menopause right now. My breasts a sore and nipples erect, frequent urination, tired alot and queezy in the morning, burping alot. I know that it also sounds like that I could be pregnant. I was told that it would take a miracle to get pregnant. I am 42 years old. I have one daughter who is 21 and I have had two miscarriages. My first husband was abusive and I was raped when I was 23 years old which caused damage to my insides. I have major scarring on the fallopian tubes. My cycle is irregular. I just had my period two weeks ago, but it was two weeks early and not a normal period. I have very mixed emotions about this right now. Could this be from menopause. I am in a relationship with someone for over a year.

Well, ladies, I guess I have to add my name to this roll call. I will be seeing my doctor as soon as office hours open. I am 51 years old, and I'm sure at the moment that I am pregnant. Yep. Dumb, huh? Swollen breasts, weight gain, frequent urination (oh, yeah, I wet the bed 2 days ago) and now I'm vomiting in the am. Oh, joy.

I love kids. I've given birth five times. My oldest is 28 years old, and I have a 2 year old granddaughter. But my fifth child was stillborn in 1996 with a severe birth defect and I was advised not to have any more children. We weren't trying for this one- but it's kind of hard to use NFP when you don't have a period any more. I am peri-menopausal, I started that less than a year ago. I had some hot flashes, some skipped periods, and then, bing. This. No more hot flashes. Just morning sickness.

Oh, yuck! I hate being sick in the mornign! Everything smells so bad, and the smells turn my stomach.

Well, wish me luck. PRay for me. And if this child is meant to be, pray that he or she will be all right.

Thanks.

Hi Ladies,
I am a 44 yr old grandma with 3 grown children. Been having hot flashes and symptoms of menopause for years now. Never missed a period. Until now I am 11 days late. I have always been on time or early. I had a tubal when my youngest son was born almost 23 yrs ago. But i also have symptoms of pregnancy. Good to know I am not only woman with same problem.

Hi my names Carol, im 41. I was told 8 months ago that im poss in the pre-menopause. Ive got the basic stuff, hot flushes etc, but still had a period every month. And OH! the mood swings!lol! For the first time in my life ive missed a period throughout the whole of june. As far as im aware, meand my husband took no chances i.e we used a condom. I took a test and it was negative but im freaking out because i want to believe it but im doubtful. I had what i could only describe as show. What do think? Should i believe the test or what? Im panicking here! HELP PLEASE !

Hi, Carol! How did everything turn out? I was reading all these posts because I have missed a period for the first time in my life, just like many of you posting here. I am 46, almost 47, years old and have children 27, 11, and 10 years old, and I'm a grandma of a 2 year old, as well. We sound like we are all in the same boat. My question would be: how many of these posters were actually pregnant?

Hope all is well with every one of you.

I'm glad I found this, I thought I was alone.
I will be 47 nest month and think I may be pregnant for the FIRST time.
I was married in January, however we have been together for over 30 years.
I have never used any form of protection, just assumed after all these years, that something was wrong with one of us a didn't think anymore about it.
I have ALWAYS had regular timely periods, however now I am a week late. I have had the feeling since Friday or Saturday that I have gotten my period and each time I go to the bathroom and nothing. I'm going to give it another week and see what happens, but any and all advice would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Kathy %-)

Hi all,
I am brand new to this forum and God only knows I could have used it so much a few years ago when I began white knuckling and fearing pregnancy at m y "advanced" age of 55,birthday at the end of this summer.
I don't feel so "old". I am in top shape and very healthy. This summer my periods stopped and I thought nothing of it- here comes menopause. Then my breasts began to grow.. I ran out today to get a test and I'm very happy with the results!! NEGATIVE.
I have 4 children and tho' I welcome another, my husband was dead set against it . I called him up and told him.
I only hope and pray that the test is right.
For those young chicks on the board who are crying because you don't want a kid because you are "too OLD"-- I had my last two when I turned the corner at 38 to 40 and THANK GOD I DIDN'T LISTEN TO THE CLICKING TONGUE biotches that smile and roll their eyes at how funny it is to see a woman 40 and pregnant. I love my last two so much. Both are star students, kind, lots of friends with such loving natures and perfectly healthy. I would do it again if I could and if I weren't afraid that I might kill myself because I am
"too old". 55. That is really pushing it. I would be hearbroken if I couldn't carry to term.
If any of you out there are a first time mother my congratulations too you! I would love to give out advice. :-D

Yeah really I am in the same spot.

I'm going to take another test tomorrow because who knows the test might not be right.

It feels like I will get my period any day. That is how I felt the first time I got pregnant . With the following pregnancies I didn't notice because I expected to be pregnant. Take a different test if you think the test might be faulty.

I can usually go a couple of months without a period and then gush. I think this time is the last for me. Already three months without a period. menopause. I'm 55.

I would advise you to take the test again.

Remember. you can still get pregnant the same day you take the test even tho' the test is right and you haven't gotten your period!!! peri menopause means you can still get pregnant!!

Another Deborah! 55 and haven't had a flow in at least 6 years and guess what? Yup. I have either put on a bunch a weight around my middle or I am with child again. Haven't wanted to spend the money on the test, cause chances are, it would be a waste. But what if I am the exception to that rule? I have a 34 year old, 32 year old and an 18 year old. I can't believe I could be pregnant, but if I am, it is at least 4th month. I guess I better bite the bullet and buy the test. If not pregnancy, then what? That scares me more than being pregnant at my age and a recent widow!